His texting style is a turnoff - is this a good enough reason not to date him?

I've been talking to a guy for about a week and he seems nice enough but his texting is so overeager. He's the kind of guy that texts to say he hopes my day is going well and that he thinks I'm beautiful and uses lots of exclamation points and smiley faces. I'm not feeling it, to say the least. The more he says he's excited to meet me, the more I'm not excited to meet him. I feel bad like I'm not giving him a real chance but I'm dreading going out with him. Is that fair? We were supposed to go out today but I'm sick and just really didn't want to leave the house. I feel bad that I'm so relieved :(

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are not feeling it, you are not feeling it - Don't go out with someone just for the sake of it

Most Helpful Girl

• He does seem really eager, but I don't think you should judge him over his texting style. If you don't want to go on this date with him then you should really tell him soon, otherwise it's leading him on.

What Guys Said 13

• How about just calling him? He seems a bit clingy, so I can understand the turn off, but maybe he's different on the phone. If you're uncomfortable about it, then you can let him know too. This can even qualify for leading him on when you're not really interested in his communication style, which may mean it's time to sever it or let him know how you feel about it.

• I think it's a good call.

• Its overbearing. I would still give him a chance and talk to him. You can't text way too much. You need separation in any relationship so you can miss one another tell each other what happened during the day and stuff not while it's happening ya know? ,

• Give the lad a chance, he's eager and you're fortunate enough to find someone like that. As others have said, it'll die down hopefully after you actually meet him face to face. If not, then...

I'd say it's a really stupid reason to stop speaking to someone.

• The irony here is that by not going out with him, you'd be doing him a huge favor.

• This is the shit girls judge men on? Lmfao.

"I don't like this emoji to lol ratio" LOL

• I usually encourage girls to give a guy a chance. But in this case I gotta say that you shouldn't.. Don't give the dude bs reasons though.

• I think should at least meet him in person since you agreed to a date. Who knows you might fall for him in person.

• It's a good a reason as any TBH. Seriously though, maybe he's just the affectionate type and you don't like that.

Do you get along IRL?

We haven't met in real life yet which is why it bother so me so much I think. He seems awfully attached for someone he's only texted a little.

• Maybe him being pushy with text messaging you is a turn off
    I think guys should let girls make the initiative to do the texting
    It could be the way he text you is a complete turn off too

• Can you just make decisions by yourself?

• Give the guy a chance. He's making an effort to get to know you. You would want the same, am I right?

• You have to do what works for you.

That said, if you find you are more attracted to men who seem less interested in you then those who are really into you, you might want to look at how likely that is to lead to you being happy.

What Girls Said 8

• Normal reaction to over reactions
    but
    too quick to judge until all comm forms are explored, why pass a good deal, esp. when it's a "sure thing" for you?

If you hit it off, perhaps you can train him away from that form of comm and find another that at least you like better

• He sounds Like this "Mr. Wonderful."
    Stain today, @moosette134, and Take the Time while you are Laid up, to Get Up with him, by Nursing and Nurturing Something Special that Could get Started.
    He appears like a Keeper and no Weeper. Give him a Shot, and Not Flu, that is.
    Good luck. xx

• I talked to a guy for a while who was exactly like that, we went out once and never again lol, I couldn't stand the eager style. I think you should give him a chance, on or two dates, but also try to hint that you don't feel like talking every second of every day with thousands of emojis lol.

• Try going in a short date with him. Just to see how he is in person. Maybe he is a lot more chill in person. Try coffee. If you don't like him, quickly finish your coffee and tell him that you've got to pick up your niece from school or. something

• in my opinion, anything could be reason enough to not wanna date someone. We all have our individual preferences.

• Tell him to ease off the texting as you want to have plenty to talk about in person

• Agree with annon. 36-45. I would rather be with a guy who is excited about me and into me and i can show him to text less. communicate with him. or have a phone conversation. see how he is over the phone.

set up a date, and see how it goes before letting it go.

• Any reason is a good enough reason to not date someone. If you don't want to date him, no matter what the reason, don't date him. You don't owe anyone anything.

That's a horrible way to think. Treat others how you would like to be treated. He didn't do anything to deserve to be disrespected.