Girls, when you say a guy must be taller, how much taller do you mean?

Saying he needs to be taller tells very little, it can mean anything. If a guy is 1/2 inch taller than you then he is taller. So my question is when you say that the guy needs to be taller do you literally mean it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a friend who is taller who won't date short guys... anymore. She did but they would get weird and dissuade her from wearing heels cause it made them feel short. her rule now is 3inches taller... so she can wear heels and be the same height or not too much taller then him-lol.

I am married but don't wear heels. If I were dating I'd have no issue dating a guy a little shorter then me... I am 5'3 1/2".

Most Helpful Guy

• When a girl says taller I think they mean visibly taller without you having to stand right next to her for comparison and if they like wearing heals taller than them in heals as well.

What Girls Said 13

• I would say like 3 inches taller. Mostly because I don't normally wear heels taller than 3 inches. Just as long as he isn't shorter than me when I wear heels.

Here's an idea, if the guy is shorter than you in high heels, how about not wearing heels. Why would you use shoes to reject a guy?

Because sometimes I like wearing heels, and I shouldn't have to sacrifice what I wear just for a guy. There are plenty other guys who will taller than me when I wear heels and I can easily chose them. Luckily for me, most guys are taller than me in heels.

how tall are you? Because I am 5'9 and its really annoying that I cannot date girls that are 5'7 or 5'8 because they will reject me because of heels.
      I dont see how shoes can be so valuable that you use it to reject guys.

• I literally mean 1/2 inch taller lol.

• I'm 5'3 and all of my partners have been 6' minimum. It hasn't been a conscious choice, just worked out that way

• I'm attracted to tall me not men just a few inches taller than me. I generally like men that are 6ft and over.

Well depending on where you live that could be only 20% of guys, and that just assuming you only care about guys and dont filter based on face, muscles, personality, intelligence etc. So good luck

@akadatank44 😣😣😣 I'm not saying I'd just totally flat out reject a man that isn't 6ft and over its just what I prefer :p

Ok ok I'll let it go 😝😝

• Well I am 5ft 2 and my boyfriend is 6ft 2

• Taller

how much taller though. I'm 1/2 inch taller then I am taller

Taller then me

• For example... im 5foot 9 and a half so i expect a guy to be at least 5 foot 11 and half...😊

So basically
      I want a guy who is taller than me = I want a guy who is at least 2 inches taller

Yes something like that...😊

• A couple inches taller than me

• Im 5'7 i prefer a guy around 6'2 or taller. But Id go as short as 6'0.

Is that a requirement though? Because I was once rejected by a girl because of my height, I was 5'9 and she was same as you 5'7.

your average girl is 5'4 im taller than your average girl. You would be 5 inches than your average girl. IF she rejects you than I don't know. But im 5'7 a guy who is 5'9 would be much shorter than me in heels thats not ok to me. And yes may women get rejected for ass and boob size.

I guess both genders are equally shallow then and should stop complaining when they get rejected for boobs, ass and height. I guess I'll just go for girls who are 5'4, I dont really care about height in girls and a lot of short girls are curvy which is nice.

And by the way I would not be much shorter than you when you have heels on. Just do the math
      5'7 + 5 inch heels = 6ft
      I am 5'9 barefoot, add on platform shoes, I become 5'10.5
      Thats a 1.5 inch difference, that is not much. And I am really buff, so eventough a girl might look taller than me there is no way in heel she'll look physically bigger than me, there is a difference.

• You have to be taller than me even if I am wearing heels. But let's be honest. I am 1.60 and that is not really hard right?

"its not really that hard right", a bit unfair to say, since a guy has zero control over his height.
      I am still taller than you in heels though, since I am 1.75, but I know this one girl who's 1.71 and she has said she require guys to be taller than her, and I am taller than her. But thats the thing, when girls say that they have to make themselves more clear on what they mean because even if I am 1 cm taller than you I am tallER dammit

or just drop the high heels, its damaging for your feet anyways

You really are considerate <3

• I'm 5'1 he must be minimum 5'5 but I would prefer 5'8 minimum. 5'5 is just if I loved him lol.

• They mean 6 ft.

Right so 99% of girl all go for guys who are 6ft, which is what 15-20% of guys, how does that work exactly, do the girls who can't snag a tall guy shift their attention to the shorter fellows or go buy a bunch of cats?

@Asker

Well, it's not exactly 99%, more like 50-80%, but yeah it doesn't match with demographics, and the same percentages apply to looks as well. In the end they settle, stay single or rotate through harems.

• We mean that the guy should be tall. It's like if the guy is tall and much taller than you you feel like he is strong like a rock and you are a small girl near him (:

Thanks for implying that short guys are weak. But there is a difference between tall and tallER, you see that subtle ER, girls need to make themselves more clear

lol I don't mean that short guys are weak, I just said why girls actually want guys to be taller. But we date not only tall guys. It depends on your personality. If you are interesting person there is no matter short you or tall

There is a difference between tall and tallER. If a girl is 5'7 and there are two guy who are 5'7.5 and 6'2. Only of them is tall, but both are tallER than the girl

What Guys Said 3

• Above 5'11.

• Height commandment: thou shall be considered taller than a woman even when she's wearing high heels

• 6'2'' - 6'4''.