Would you want to know if the person you're dating was a virgin?

I have a habit of telling guys right off the bat

• No, don't tell me.
  • Yes I'd like to know within the first few dates so I could end things
  • Yes I'd like to know within the first few dates, I wouldn't judge her
  • Yes I'd like to know before we have sex because I don't want to have sex with a virgin
  • Yes I'd like to know before we have sex so I know to take things slow

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm waiting until marriage for sex. It's bound to come up at some point sooner or later. I wouldn't ask her point-blank and I wouldn't want her to tell me right off the bat either. As the relationship would deepen, grow, and mature, personal histories would certainly be discussed.

What I've usually said is that I would prefer to date and marry a woman who hadn't had sex before. However, I understand the culture that we live in today and that people do things and have changes of heart and mind later on. I would prefer a virgin, but I wouldn't write her off immediately if she'd had sex before.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to know just because it may be important to him or her.

My boyfriend and I are both virgins. I'd just be curious to know if he was or wasn't just cause its something to know. It isn't a deal breaker if he is or if he isn't. I wouldn't judge him either way.

What Guys Said 26

• I said I would like to know within the first few dates, I wouldn't judge her. There is no judgement either way.

But with a virgin, I would hope she would at least tell me before sex for the reason your question stated... taking it slow. If she was a virgin and didn't say anything and was clearly nervous or hesitant, I would definitely ask.

• Yes, I'd like to know cause I don't want to make her feel forced. Not that I force non-virgins, but I may be more sexual with them, going faster, so I don't want her to feel uncomfortable.
    When it comes to a girl being a virgin, I like to take things at her pace, though there's always a limit, obviously.

• I would like to know simply because I just want to know. My opinion of her wouldn't change for the worst.

When would you want her to tell you? Just within the first few dates?

Well... yeah. I mean, everything has a time and place.

Don't worry about that. It completely depends on the guy. (Note: I am way too young to be talking about this. :) ) However, letting someone know early is better in my opinion. Evidently, that's not shared, so don't look for a definite opinion on this question.

• It would make no difference. I'm a male virgin by my choice cause i
    want a girl who will accept me for whom I am. I think a girl worries
    too much whether she's a virgin or not seriously i don't care what
    matters the most is girl acts like a lady. Yes, i have old fashion values
    but i love a girl from the heart not for her virginity or not being a virgin
    but for real genuine love , yes i am far from being a Saint and i will admit
    i have some crazy fetishes, fantasies but deep down i like to stand my
    ground.

• I have often said that I support full, open and honest communication between a couple. In your list I would pick option E " Yes I'd like to know before we have sex so I know to take things slow " - That seems the fairest options to me.

• I'd want to know right away. That way I would no so I didn't rush things and made sure she was 100% comfortable with it before proceeding.

• Golden rule. No man must tell a girl he is a virgin. Always lie and say you have had one or two casual encounters. Women will leave that guy. Happened to me, my friends and I saw it happen recently.

Women. Can do as you please. It doesn't matter, the guy will still wanna sleep with you.

For me, I assume all women I sleep with have had much more than I have.

• I voted A... she may feel embarrassed if she has to tell me so no requirement :D
    As long as our hearts beat for each other I'll be a happy guy :D

• yes i would want her to tell me that asap. because im a virgin and i always prefer a virgin to marry or for a serious relationship

• Wouldn't exactly want to know it on the first date, because then sex isn't the priority in my mind, but definitely would want to know and would be a plus to me.

• Option 2 ---It's better to know and understand a partners sexual background first before the relationship develops strongly.

• I would like to know before having sex with them. I'm a virgin as well so I would be more afraid of it bothering her than me.

• That's the first thing I tell my dates. I want to make it clear that I'm not an object but rather a man with some fucking substance and value.

• Yes, I vote E but I wouldn't wanna be with someone who's waiting till marriage. I respect their decision but it's not for me.

• Before we get serious and even talk about sex.

• If she was a virgin and told me I wouldn't think any less of her.
    I would take my time and be just as gentle

• I believe the person would say something about it..

• yup, the last option for me

• "Yes I'd like to know within the first few dates so I could end things"... If she *wasn't* a virgin.

• Yes, I'd want to know. I think on the 3rd or 4th date is good.

• I would like to know, but it is no way changes how I feel about her

• I'd rather no, cause you don't want to push somebody into something and her lose her virginity and it be nothing. You want to know so you can take it at there pace

• this is one of the things i have never really thought about because it is not important to me. but i will select option E.

• Yes tell him me as a virgin would love to be with another virgin

• I wouldn't care actually.

• I'd like to know, are bj's on the table at least?

Yeah.. I mean sex is still on the table too if I find the right person.

how do you know you have the "right" person? there is no perfect person, or perfect time, that's why I never liked this idea of misleading kids about sex and especially programming girls that their value rests so much in their virginity and their looks

and I'd like to know before I go out with a girl, I don't see that option up there, if bj's are on the table I'm fine with it

What Girls Said 8

• Definitely the last option.

• Yes because if not then i won't be the slightest bit intersted anymore, because i have protected and preserved my virginity for him so i only expect him to do the same.

• i'd want to know so i can be extra careful and patient and understanding and stuff

• Yes I would.

• I tell guys early on

• Well if he is virgin, sure. That would make me feel special, or good or something.

If he has had physical relationships before, I don't wanna know that.

• I'll just assume he's not...

• I wouldn't like him to tell me if I don't ask, it would be weird to be with a virgin my age.. or at least knowing for sure that he's a virgin (I don't date youget guys)
    I prefer experienced partners ✌