I'm 14, my boyfriend is 20. What should we do?

I met him about a year ago and I never really spoke to him at first until my stepdad (my boyfriend's dad's best friend) took us to a meal where we got speaking. I really liked him but I never did anything because of our age, I decided to tell him that I liked him to see if it would just make things awkward or stay friends. He told me he liked me back and we got talking about our age. We've been dating for about 3 months now and haven't told anyone but close friends that we are because we are still not sure. we both really like each other and have a lot in common and make each other happy, he has never pressured me for sex and he told me that he would prefer to wait until I am legal and even if I'm not ready then, he said he would wait. we both know that he could get done for this and that's why we are keeping it quiet. Should we stop dating now and wait until I am legal? or carry on with what we are doing or do something different?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a significant age gap between the two of you and at present your relationship is illegal. The best advice I can offer the pair of you is to definitely stop seeing each other, for now at least, as he could end up facing serious consequences despite the seemingly consensual relationship you feel like you share. It'll be so much easier for the both of you if you take some time away and wait until you are more mature and of legal age before submitting yourselves to a relationship at the moment.

What Guys Said 12

• There is nothing wrong with hanging out with him but you should wait until you are legal before starting a relationship. Not only is it a red flag that he is interested in you while you are 14 and he is 20 but if anything happens he could end up a registered sex offender for life.

• Stop dating and don't see each other again until you're old enough.
    He might end in jail.

• You should stay away from him. He's a pedophile for dating a 14 year old. Normal men don't prey on young girls

• Keep it the way it is until you're legal.

• I say wait until your legal. Anything could happen between now and then that would land him in jail if your parents found out.

• lol wow all these assholes saying its morally wrong n shit to love someone, but I'd say wait until you're legal age just to be safe, you can still talk to eachother though yaknow

whats the different between someone whos 26 and 20, like no one will bat an eye

She's 14 and dated him for 3 months she don't love him and he's not gonna wait around for 6 years to finally have sex with her. Lets be honest he's a predator

• Not be together!

• Does your boyfriend realize he's a predator/creep?

• If he really cares about you and is not pressureing you like you say, then things could maybe work out. But I think you should be honest with your parents.

• This is so wrong!!! I'm calling the cops!

• Wtf? He's clearly a freaking PEDO. LEAVE HIM. Your parents will never accept that. even when you become legal i still think you should find another man because of the fact that him a grown ass man considered actually dating a 14 year old girl that has a lot of growing up to do. I'm 17 and when i was 14 i was a immature baby

• Just don't fuck.

What Girls Said 9

• lol, see as a 14 yr old you see it as cool that a grown man is into you. As an adult you see how mentally deranged and ill a grown man has to be dating a 14 yr old. whats wrong with him that grown women dont want him. That is the question.
    No its not ok.

• Very selfish of you and stupid of him as this can easily land him in jail.

• Wait until your legal, if the feelings are real they will wait until then.
    If you don't wait and end up sleeping together his life couldn't be seriously ruined if you're found out

• Honestly, as long as you don't have sex, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. The age of consent for sex or any sexual activity for most states is 16 or 17.

• Stop dating this guy before it leads to a next thing if you were 16 or 17 it would be ohk but there is a huge gap between 14 & 20 . He is a grown ass man what is he doing with a little girl

• I think you guys shouldn't end things, I mean love is not about the age right?

• he's a pedophile wtf. Tell the police and they will help you stay together forever

• Stop dating, remain friends (if you want).