Move on or file lawsuit?

boyfriend left money with a (crackwhore roommate/mother of four) to give to me. Do I forget the money or file legal case against her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Likely not worth your time, enegery or sanity. Unless it was a really large amount of money. But even if you were to get a ruleling im your favor, it's a ruling. You may never actually see that money cause they simply don't have it...

Move on

What Guys Said 9

• You can't sue her, and unless you have some evidence that you made a loan to your boyfriend, you can't sue him either. Even if you went to small claims court and got a judgment, how would you collect it?

Don't lend friends money if you can't afford to give it to them. I lent a guy a month's rent with a promise of speedy repayment. That was five years ago.

• Good luck about getting money from a crackwhore/mother of four.

• You could file a lawsuit or get the cops involved but I doubt you will ever get a penny even if you do that.

Ya I'm kinda thinking it may go nowhere even if I try..:/

It sucks but I would suggest moving out as soon as possible and not leaving anything valuable around anymore.

• Unless there is proof that the money is yours , verbal agreements of any source do not stand up in court. You could screw her by calling children's services on her with the kids not getting the best care

• You can't file a case against her. You'd file against your boyfriend as stolen.

• How much?

• I'd file a case with Judge Judy to try and get your money back.

• You could go to small claims court. small filing fee, you do not need lawyers at all. Not really a big deal to pursue that, so why not.

• You can try but it will take forever in the courts and if they never have it then it just becomes a judgement against until they do

What Girls Said 2

• I assume you mean she didn't give you the money? How do you know he gave her money to give you.

• He gave her the money, and you're not questioning your bf?

He paid rent for the month of nov for me before he went away on business and he left around 2 grand cash in the apartment for me to use while he gone. But when I showed up at the apartment she said she had no idea what I was talking about with a smug fcking smirk on her face laughing under her breath. My blood is boiling. And no my boyfriend is legit, we rely on each other he always follows through. I trust him, just not the crack whore

I still don't understand how you want to sue her, but aren't questioning your boyfriend as to why he gave her money.
      But you do you, OP.

He couldn't safely get the money to me until some obstacles passed but he had to leave so the only option was to leave the money where I was going to be.