Move on or file lawsuit?

boyfriend left money with a (crackwhore roommate/mother of four) to give to me. Do I forget the money or file legal case against her?

0|1
2|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Likely not worth your time, enegery or sanity. Unless it was a really large amount of money. But even if you were to get a ruleling im your favor, it's a ruling. You may never actually see that money cause they simply don't have it...

Move on

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• You can't sue her, and unless you have some evidence that you made a loan to your boyfriend, you can't sue him either. Even if you went to small claims court and got a judgment, how would you collect it?

Don't lend friends money if you can't afford to give it to them. I lent a guy a month's rent with a promise of speedy repayment. That was five years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good luck about getting money from a crackwhore/mother of four.

0|0
    0|0
  • You could file a lawsuit or get the cops involved but I doubt you will ever get a penny even if you do that.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Ya I'm kinda thinking it may go nowhere even if I try..:/

• 1mo

It sucks but I would suggest moving out as soon as possible and not leaving anything valuable around anymore.

• Unless there is proof that the money is yours , verbal agreements of any source do not stand up in court. You could screw her by calling children's services on her with the kids not getting the best care

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't file a case against her. You'd file against your boyfriend as stolen.

0|0
    0|0
  • How much?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd file a case with Judge Judy to try and get your money back.

0|0
    0|0
  • You could go to small claims court. small filing fee, you do not need lawyers at all. Not really a big deal to pursue that, so why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can try but it will take forever in the courts and if they never have it then it just becomes a judgement against until they do

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I assume you mean she didn't give you the money? How do you know he gave her money to give you.

0|1
    0|0
  • He gave her the money, and you're not questioning your bf?

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

He paid rent for the month of nov for me before he went away on business and he left around 2 grand cash in the apartment for me to use while he gone. But when I showed up at the apartment she said she had no idea what I was talking about with a smug fcking smirk on her face laughing under her breath. My blood is boiling. And no my boyfriend is legit, we rely on each other he always follows through. I trust him, just not the crack whore

• Show All
    • 1mo

I still don't understand how you want to sue her, but aren't questioning your boyfriend as to why he gave her money.
      But you do you, OP.

• 1mo

He couldn't safely get the money to me until some obstacles passed but he had to leave so the only option was to leave the money where I was going to be.