A 14 year old keeps hitting on me, what should I do?

Hi everyone, I met a girl on a dating app. Her info says she's 18 and I'm 19 by the way. Then we got matched and we started chatting and flirted a lil' bit. This girl is always the one who initiates the chat as she always say good morning. One day, she said that she is actually 14 and I was like *shit*. Good thing I never touch the sexual topics. The fact that she was 14 made me feel a little bit uncomfortable flirting with her.

One day, she didn't initiate chat with me until night. She said she can't hold it, she needs to chat with me. She also said that she feels weird if she is not chatting with me.

Everyone, what should I do? Currently, I'm friendzoning her, but I feel like a bad person. Still, flirting and dating a 14 year old isn't right. Should I keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens? Or should I tell the truth? I don't want to make her sad and feel rejected.

Most Helpful Girl

• NO!! N-O, NO! Your are practically an adul and you need to simply block and deleter her contacts. That's it. You should not be involved with a 14 year old who's desperate and infatuated. Let her date somebody her own age or she'll just have to wait until college or after college. Please don't be a dumb one. I remember this 17 year old kid a few years ago. And he asked question if he should have sex with this 12 year old, because she wanted him to 'break' her virginity. And I'm bugging out and infuriated. Guess what I told him? NO! Don't be stupid, or else your ass is going to jail. That's what I told him. And she even threatened him that she'll find somebody else. Told him to let some other poor sap be stupid enough to do it. Please. Use common sense. She is a desperate 14 year old who probably never had a boyfriend before just to fit in with all her other friends. She is insecure, and needs a better outlet.

If you can be responsible for being 'just friend's' then fine. Try. But be warned. Crossing the line with sex, and its a problem. No flirting and no nothing. You need to straight up tell her that you don't roll with 14 year olds, and you don't want to get yourself and her into trouble. That is what you tell her. And give her the ultimatum that if she crosses the line of sex or any romantic gestures, your done.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude... get the fuck out of there!!! Unmatch her, block her, or whatever, but you have to stop.

What Girls Said 9

• I would try to be sensitive about it seeing as obviously she's still young and if she's built some kind of emotional connection to you, you don't wanna hurt her but you also don't wanna keep talking to her and encourage it or get yourself in trouble. Just explain that you did enjoy speaking to her but you don't feel comfortable talking to a 14 year old like that, even if you know that you're not speaking about anything sexual. I guess maybe encourage her to speak to someone closer to her age and say that it's best if you don't speak anymore. Block her or just stop responding.

• Stop it now. Go find someone your own age to flirt with.

• I'd stop talking to her if I were you. She's 14 and it isn't right.

• Report her account for being underage. 14 year olds should not be on that site anyways.

We already exchanged number and moved our chat to a different platform since days before she told me that she is 14. I already reported her lol.

• I would tell her that you are to old for her, that you are a adult and you are seeking someone more your own age. If she makes a fuss, or keeps trying to chat with you, I would block her. She is jail bait. No need to put yourself in that type of mess.

• Tell her the truth

• Just nip it in the bud, you are the responsible person

• Straight jail bait lol just block her. they made that feature for a reason

• She's just a kid at this point lol, I'd stop replying to her cold turkey, she'll be fine in a couple days and will find something new to be busy with.

What Guys Said 11

• She shouldn't on that app anyway, just block her account and move on.
    You have way more to lose. For example, if out of nowhere she sent you a naked picture, you'd be in possession of child pornography and your life would turn to shit.

• Tell her the truth. Tell her that you are open for a relationship, but she should wait a few years. You are willing to be her friend until then, but nothing more. Look for someone a bit closer to your own age.

• If you meet up, prepare to hear these words: "Why don't you take a seat over there?"

• Ignore the bitch, or risk your door being kicked in by the FBI.

• Tell her she shouldn't fake her age on dating apps and tell her the truth, seriously don't beat around the bush.

• Stay away. The little shit is really bad news for you.

• Lol ignore her completely... She is jail bait

• You should block and report her immediately.

• Block her ass

• Legal age of consent for sex is 16 for most places the last I've checked. You could encourage her to finish and graduate from high school first and then resume dating her seriously when she is 18 years old. Just keep persuading her to be patient about a relationship fir the time being.

Or go to a school dance or the prom with her when and if she invites you.

• Lol bruhhh now is when you cut her lose and bounce