Do your exes resemble each other? Is there a pattern?

I've noticed there's a pattern in guys that I like and date. They all kinda resemble each other, being personality wise or even physically. I was so unaware of this until a friend of my pointed it out. And she said the same goes for her. And now that I think about it, all of them were tall, skinny, goofy, cocky, artistic kinda types. It seems that only these types of guys are mutually interested in me back, because some others that I also liked but didn't fit into this category weren't interested in me. So, how about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes there has been a similarity personality wise - They were very flirty often like they were putting on a show but when you dug deeper there was a much realer personality that you could go "You can trust me enough to show your real self not the image you think other people want to see".

Most Helpful Girl

• In looks they are very different from each other. Though I guess there are some traits that most of them share.

Almost all of my "romances" happen in the same way, as if I am watching same movie again just with different actors, when I start it I already know how It will end.
    It is like a deja vu. I try to change stories but It is hard as long as almost all of them have similar, complex personality.

I wish I could change this pattern easily, I mean I meet great guys, who could make me happy but I am not attracted to them that much.

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, there's definitely too much of a pattern and I'm trying to break it actually. There were so many similarities that the issues were similar too. No luck so far finding a new type though, I have kind of the same issue that the type who likes me back are the same type I've been with before...

• Not at all every single woman i dated is different in looks and personality i never had two women who are alike its funny now after i realized that

• really the only common factor they have is that they wear glasses or wear them for reading etc.

• Soft spoken, petite, caring, protective of friends and family, hard worker.

• Not at all.

• None of my exes resembled the other.

• There is a resemblence in the girls that like me.

• No, my ex spent 20 minutes looking at the orange juice can because it said concentrate.

What Girls Said 15

• I haven't really dated in real life.
    But all of my Big crushes' name starts with M and all of them have a similar type of look. They're all North African Arabs (the 4 of them).
    Even my ex online love looks Arab haha but he's an Italian American and his name doesn't start with M.

• I've heard of this too, but no for me none of my ex's look alike lol. They all do have a certain personality trait that I like but other than that they are completely different lol.

• A weak pattern. All different hair/eye color combos, skin color, upbringings, and though they have similar interests-those are very varied. They are all less than a year apart from me, and they mostly were more introverted.

• Not so far. Closest thing to a pattern is my current boyfriend at times reminding me of my dad. Which is... worrying, I don't want my boyfriend to let me walk all over him like my dad let all HIS partners do.

• Yep all mine were outta my league LOL. (like really good looking)

ahahaha good one! :D

• I definitely have a type-personality and looks wise. Dark brown hair and brown eyes. Smart, ambitious, nice, and goofy.

• My boyfriend now is the only guy I've dated.

• Yeah both are tall, older, like video games, trucks, working on cars, inverts, brown hair, and bad texters. But ex has brown eyes and is bigger and boyfriend has green eyes. My boyfriend is 5 years older than me and my ex is 3 years older than me.

• yeah, i guys who have the letter j at the end of their name, we always like each other but it goes wrong lol. guys who don't have j for a first name, i like them but they don't like me.

• Nope none of them resemble each other at all

• Nope

• yes very similar looks

• Yeah. Attractive, athletic, intelligent, easy going, and funny

• Yeah, are Hispanic or biracial

• Yep. They all do water sports, have dark, curly hair, play an instrument, and surprisingly, use the same deodorant. It's kind freaky.