Do women genuinely like being kept at a distance during the dating period?

Inspired by another question on here. So, two scenarios :-

A) The guy is very enthusiastic, he texts you every day just general chit chat and stuff, there's no long-winded conversations just throwing the odd joke/tease here and there, some flirting etc. It's pretty obvious he's constantly thinking about you.
B) The guy is genuinely busy and you have to wait a few days between contact. He is still enthusiastic and the conversations are exactly as above - just far less frequent, as if you are an afterthought during his day (when he has nobody better to text).

Girls, which one would you prefer?
Guys, which one would you prefer if the situation was reversed?

I already know what works for me, i'm curious as to what you all think.

• A - Keen
  • B - Distant

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol i guess I'm the only one who chose b.

I actually just had this happen recently. Went on a tinder date, it was fun but we haven't been able to hang out for the last few weeks. Literally texts me every day and I'm just bored with it. I can only handle so many "how are you? How's your day going?"
    Plus it leaves more conversation for when you do get to hang out

But I guess I'm unique in thinking that

Haha, don't think you're quite alone, although possibly not the more popular vote. Interesting to see the split.

• 18d

You're welcome, completely random fact, but a certain girl blocked me earlier for saying "huh?", you can guess who lmao.

• 18d

Hahahah Ivorian girl or whatever 😂😂😂 she's ridiculous.

What Girls Said 22

• I like when he shows interest but let's me breathe once in a while. It is not like I want him to be distant but I don't like it if the guy is clingly either. Just have some days a little less full of chitchat. Though, once I get to know the guy really good I would like him to stay in touch as muchildren as possible.

• I think A or somewhere in the middle. If two people are really enthusiastic about each other, I think there's no reason to not have very frequent contact. People have their own lives, though, and it's when the guy begins to pester or whine when I don't talk to him for a reasonable amount of time that I get turned off. Probably because I kind of associate clingy behavior with immaturity.

• There is a fine line between distant and keen. I do not want someone to text every hour. If we are in a conversation though, I want you to reply back within that hour (unless you were busy). I don't want a conversation to last over several days just because you didn't text back. That's annoying, and those are the types of people I ghost. I also want to feel like you have your own life separate from mine; it creates mystery. It makes me want to know you more.

Good way of putting it, that's the ideal compromise. You have convos but you don't drag them out.

• I'd prefer A. I don't want to be like someone's afterthought.

• this is difficult, i don't like when people come over to me if i was just their rebound and i find it annoying when guys are thinking about you but they don't have much to say, so it does make me not want to talk to him because theirs nothing interesting to talk about. i say neither, but i'll go with a. i'm talking to a guy though that's like 'a', but i have to always find something new for us to do that must include talking about something else besides my hair, my voice etc. being charming does have to eventually stop, its nice to know you like my eyes, but can it come to a halt. i appreciate it but my goodness.

• I prefer the distant part if we just started. Talking to me everyday would annoy the shit out of me if I still barely know him.
    so at first we take it easy, then we acknowledge a more serious approach we move to option 1.

• Definitely A.

I'm insecure, and the the behaviour option B shows wouldn't help my insecurities.

• Gotta keep me interested. Otherwise I will forget about you and when that happens, there is no going back

• I'd wayyyyy prefer the first behaviour as long as he isn't clingy

• I'd prefer A.

• No. If I like you I want as much of youvas possible all the time. But I borderline on annoyingly clingy and have an addictive personality so hopefully thr guy would be happy and receptive to that!

• First one, as long as he's not like, constantly messaging me or being clingy and stuff.

• I think keen would be better :)

• Voted A

• A obviously, the second one doesn't care.

• Option A all day err day please.

• captain keen

• I want A type. :)

• I need to know he's all in.

• Definitely A is my type!

• Lol tbh I usually like distance but I like the way things are rn and it's kind of the opposite

• If I really like him, A
    If im just using him, B

What Guys Said 5

• Why would anyone choose b?

• I think they prefer it when you're distant at first and then once they like you a lot they want you to switch to being keen. This is one reason they fall for players so often.

• That is really interesting!!! 33-6 females prefer a man who sends more text. Good question.
    This kind of proves that all those men complaining about women liking to be ignored are wrong.

• Most want daily check ups

• Women are always playing some SICK mind games...

Stay safe!

HAHA! What are we suppose to do? It's so confusing. They won't tell us what to do, and they don't come with instructions.