Have you ever dated a stranger?

I'm referring to someone you have never met before other in passing, or someone you don't talk (much) or spend time with but occasionally see them out and about.

I mainly have men who I've never seen or talk to before ask to take me out and I always declined simply because I don't know them. On the other hand, there are some men in my neighborhood that I see about 4-5 times a week when I'm coming and going, usually when I walk my dog. We always speak but other than that there's no interaction. Two of these men have asked me out but I decline because I didn't know them.

I just wanted to know how often you've gone out with someone whose virtually a stranger, if you have at all. Should I stop being so cautious and give one of these men a chance?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been on a couple blind dates. I was always a bit nervous and i made sure to tell my friends where I was going, but they all turned out to be really fun experiences. If you barely know a person, small talk will be quite easy, e. g. Where are you from, where do you work, what are your hobbies and stuff 😊

What Guys Said 7

• Actually no everyone I've ever dated I knew to a pretty good extent beforehand.

• Everyone's a starnger at some point this is an oxymoron

I get that. I'm talking about accepting a date from someone you don't know though.

• I've been to many blind date yes.

• That is pretty much what online dating is, so yes.

• Yes.

• Yeah all the time lol

• Nope

What Girls Said 6

• I never go out with guys I don't know. I need a friendship built before anything because I want to be best friends before anything. I've only sorta dated one guy and even though we can't be together because life is taking us different ways right now I can say that being good friends before anything was the best choice I made

• I've always gone out with people I met online. But never through dating profiles just on random sites like gag. was in one relationship with a guy from gag.

• yes I dated a stranger who eventually became my boyfriend for a year and a half

• No I reject everyone, strangers and people I know since I was 4 lol.

• No. I always gotta do background research on the person of my interest.

• Yep! It's the best. There's so much to talk about, and it's like a fresh start with someone who knows nothing about you 😊

Does it ever make you nervous?

Oh 100%. So nervous that it feels like my heart will beat out of my chest haha. However, it's always worth it to me. I love it. I love meeting people from all walks of life, and when it clicks, it's very rewarding.