When choosing a friends with benefits, does he or she have to be attractive in your eyes or can he or she be below your "standard"?

When choosing a friends with benefits, do you hold him or her at the same standard as you would a typical boyfriend or girlfriend? Or since they're there for sex mostly, not so much?

• He or she has to be at the standard I'm used to. No ifs, ands or buts!
  • He or she can be somewhat below my standard but not by much.
  • He or she can be ranked as hideous on my standard scale as long as I get sex, right?
  • This question is irrelevant because I would never do the friends with benefits thing!

Most Helpful Guy

• Not everything is about looks. Sometimes less attractive girls are just better sexual matches. I remember once my ex-wife once saw pictures of this girl I once dated and she made fun of how she looked (she said she had a big nose and ears that stuck out) and I was actually offended because... my ex-wife was considered hot by a lot of people, but she was capable of being unbelievably mean. I know that it might seem that this answer probably extends a bit beyond your question, but especially as you get older, there are a lot more important things than just looks. Looks definitely matter but of the desirable traits, it's probably the easiest one to find.

Most Helpful Girl

• A friend with benefits would actually have to be more attractive. If I'm dating someone, I'm attracted to them because of their character, but if I'm only sleeping with the person then looks are all that matters.

What Guys Said 6

• She has to fit my standards.

• If you are trying to do something casual its kind of bad news to go standardless. If you're better looking than that persons average then there is a chance they may go fallin in love. Feelings get hurt, you're out of a friends with benefits... Whole things a mess.

• I would need to find her attractive.

• so we know at least 30% of the ladies are liars NO WAY the 2nd and 3rd options are honestly picked

• she can be ranked as hideous on my standard scale as long as I get sex, right

• I wouldn't have sex with any woman I didn't find attractive. And that includes personality. If she's an attention seeker, then no way I would want to sleep with her. I had a girl like that throw herself at me at uni. Couldn't stand her.

What Girls Said 2

• They have to be attractive to me or it just ain't gonna happen.

• I'm. It into that shit but I'd assume it's all contingent on your options