I have gone on two dates with this guy and he mentions his ex every once in a while. Should I run or take my time?

His ex left him cause she wanted kids and he didn't. He says he doesn't care that she has moved on and found someone else but just the fact that he mentions her tells me he is not over her. I am taking things very slowly and I think I will stay friends and not get physical with him.

Also personally I'm not sure whether I want kids and I also have a condition that makes it unlikely that I'll have them. I guess he needs someone who is on the same boat and I need someone who is ok whether he has them or not.

what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the context of the how the ex was brought up. Nothing really wrong with it in terms of when you might be explaining why you are dating/why you are single. Like for example, if you are talking about not wanting kids and he says something like, "yeah, this is my I broke up because my ex wanted kids and I didn't." In that context it would be ok because mentioning the ex was pertinent at the time. If he keep brings it up over and over, then that is something to be worried about. Also, people get nervous and may not realize they are over talking about something. Try again. Don't be afraid to tell him he is talking about her too much in case he doesn't realize what he is doing.

Most Helpful Girl

• If there's even a possibility that you'll want kids (condition or not) then this is not a good relationship to pursue. If you enter a relationship with a man who wants no kids, you have to accept and be OK with it for day 1 with no "but's" or "maybe's".

Also if he mentions his ex in a example way of the kids issue then I wouldn't be concerned. I think he is just explaining his stance on it to make sure you understand.

What Guys Said 2

• Talk to him about it.

• Ya it is what it is

What Girls Said 0