23 and single, by choice. Is that normal?

I'm a 23 years old girl. Good student, ambitious, friendly, popular but I've never been inclined towards dating. I love my life. It's fun and awesome. I have awesome girl friends. I get along with guys equally well. But any guy who has ever asked me out has, never seemed good enough. So I always passed. Is it okay to chose to be single and happy? And not try to get into a relationship or look for guys to get serious with? I am contended with my life right now. And I want to do so much. As long as settling with a man is concerned, I hope to get married (be it arranged I dont mind) to a nice guy maybe in the next 5 6 years or so without getting into the complications of young trying out stuff relationships. It's too much waste of my energy and I feel I'm not up for it.
Can anyone tell me if this is a normal way of thinking or am I mad for not wanting to be with a guy or testing things out?

Most Helpful Guy

• it's a good thinking by the way and it's kinda normal too. There is nothing to worry about. You are enjoying your life the way you like and that is great. It is not necessary for you to have a guy in life compulsory to have fun. You may take your time as you are ambitious and have reasons. Guys will respect that... I do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is okay to chose to be single and happy. And its very normal. And if your not ready for marriage now, then don't bother. Its better than having over 10 different guys and your so messed up to the point you can't get married, or even stay married. I'm the same way. And I'm somebody who is celibate. I have my reasons, and you have your reasons. It doesn't matter what other people think at this point. Its important that you remain a whole person before your able to share that with another. Never test the waters. Before the water test you.

What Guys Said 3

• It's your life, you can do what you want. I think what you are doing makes perfect sense. I was sorta the same way.

• The mad part isn't that you don't feel ready or don't want to be in a relationship for the sake of a relationship, but your clear self-importance.

How you are describing yourself is borderline narcisstic.

I'm a little self obsessed yes. But also I'm a very empathetic person. I really take a lot of care of the people around me and their feelings.
      How is wanting to be happy narcissistic?

A relationship is about giving and taking and it will never work out if one partner wants to take more than they give. That will always lead to issues. And you sound like you would do exactly that due to your self-importance.

Commitment and devotion can occasionally result in sacrifices, but the right person is worth it. Something you clearly don't seem to understand if you would even be fine with an arranged marriage.

Your assumptions about my idea of a relationship are too far fetched. But anyways thanks, I understand where you're coming from.

• lol my friend is like this :)

What Girls Said 7

• That's completely normal and healthy too. If you can be happy when you're single and content with your life then you're succeeding in life in my opinion! Good luck!

• Yes girl! You're very similar to me in that I never cared. I just happened to meet a great guy on the way. Always chase your dreams and good things will come your way ✌🏼️

• It's perfectly OK to wish to be single and to focus on other things. There's nothing wrong with it.

• This is completely normal and nice that you have other things to focus on. There's really no need to worry right now. Focus on what you want to focus on

• Yep it's normal. Don't let society pressure you into believing you need a relationship right now. You will fall in love when you're ready. Take your time girl.

• I'm the same way. It's normal

• I'm the same

But you're just 18 lol

Most people my age think about sex ell the time and all they care about is dating.