Do you think being rebounded can screw you up more mentally than being dumped?

Let's just say you've never had a relationship and have you been used as a rebound with someone you felt close to, regardless of how long you dated them, do you think it would screw you up more mentally as opposed to being dumped?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well Yeh as being used is worse

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, probably.

What Girls Said 3

• I think being dumped is worse.

• Yeah because it's your first experience in the dating world so it's bound to hurt you more because it leaves you scared for the future.

Well not my first experience in dating, but more or less finding someone that I click with, only to be manipulated and ditched after sex.

Forget it and know that you'll find someone else. She wasn't meant for you.

yeah but I still got led on and manipulated. Easier said than done to get over it.

• Nah. But it's effed up for someone to do that

To do what?

For someone to use someone as a rebound

I mean if you're honest about your intentions and say I just want this to be casual, they're up front and you're both on the same page then it's fine. It's an issue when they don't make their intentions clear and lead you on like they want something more only for them to ditch you when you have feelings for them or you get closer to each other and they act like you're the one at fault.

What Guys Said 2

• Isn't a rebound a relationship?

It can be but sometimes it doesn't have to be a relationship and just a fling or hookup someone does just as a stepping stone back to their ex or someone they find better.

You just have to get back out there again.

Oh I am. Talking to a few other women right now actually. It's still tough.

• If you can be screwed up from being dumped why are you even dating?

Those people are on the rebound. They are not over their ex and get under someone else to get over them but it usually doesn't work out.