Help! I met the man of my dreams... but he's a republican! What should I do?

I met the man of my dreams. He's good looking, considerate, family oriented, responsible, and caring. We have amazing chemistry and a lot in common. But he told me he's voting for Trump.
That's a deal breaker for me. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 44

• You should leave, do him a favor.

• Take him furniture shopping.

• Its hopeless, how can you be married to a guy who wants the government to control your pussy?

• Lol sucks to be you if you can't get over something that shallow.

He's a smart man by the way.

TRUMP 2016 !

• Have you considered, I dont know... Actually trying to understand his point of view before judging that as a flaw?
    Start with Roger Scruton and Thomas Sowell. Great authors on conservatism. If they can't help you see this dude's point of view, then nothing will.
    Worst case scenario: you'll have material to use against conservatives if you want. We're always ready to pick a fight lol

• You should not make it a deal braker for you. We all have something that we don't like about the other. That can just be something that you two don't agree on. You both do vote seperatly.

• Oh my... Okay well for one look at it this way. You live in the U. S. A which we are entitled to vote for whom we choose. Now think about this. What if we were a new monarchy but everything else was the same? You guys had the chemistry, etc. My point is that is his opinion on who HE thinks should be president. If he can't express his opinion by voting for him then you will never be able to express opinions in a relationship.

• What you should do? Either become more open-minded and listen to his reasoning or leave and let it be.

• If you love him then other things doesn't matter at all... specially the parties... nice people doesn't come again and again they come once and if u miss them then you will regret fir the whole life...

• You are an idiot.

• funny isn't it how its a republican who has all the best qualities your looking for- . maybe you should get off your high horse become more open minded and be more tolerant and acceptable to those who have different views. otherwise your just smug because you believe only your views are correct and that makes you too good to date some who thinks differently

• What wrong with trump? Honestly if you say the immgrant shit imma have to go all anti sjw on your ass

• You know most people who are voting for Trump doesn't like him right? Most people who are voting for Trump think he is just better than the criminal Hillary. I wouldn't judge him for choosing an asshole over a criminal.

• I am against him as anyone else but that is such an extreme dealbreaker - Agree not to talk politics

• I don't know... depends how obnoxious he is about his political beliefs. Most of my friends are super conservative and are voting Trump. The thing is we never really talk politics. They're not really into pushing their political beliefs on me.

• You should respect his opinion and his right to vote. You have yours, he has his. It's a ridiculous reason to not be with someone who otherwise makes you happy.

• Lol politics shouldn't be a deal breaker. I actually like dating people with differing political beliefs because you can debate them which can be a lot of fun (at least for me)

• you do realize most people that are family orientated are gonna be voting for trump right

• You should have his babies because that means he's pretty smart.

• You make Republicans sound like such terrible people...😑

• Unless his hands are yuge I say dump him.

• Don't talk about politics and love him for who he is like a regular person? If I considered politics when I befriended people, I'd have no friends.
    ... I mean I still have no friends, but you get the point.

• As long as you can debate like adults and not the clowns on television, why throw away chemistry over that?

• Well, you could not talk politics,
    I hate trump and clinton and think they should both be shot but Some good friends of mine are votin trump,

• Did you ask him why he supports trump?

Rejecting people based on political preference is plain dumb.

My animal rights feminist friend is dating a Trumper. She is not happy about it but he makes her happy.

Besides in eight days it won't matter

• maybe get over it like a sane person would

• Then just don't talk about politics...

• Have you never heard of James Carville and Mary Matalin?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Carville

• If it's a deal breaker then you already know what to do. Unless that was just a figure of speech. Ever heard of Mary Matalin snd James Carville? If not, google them. You can't be more divided and they've made it work.

• Become a Republican - before it's too late! (Or at least a Libertarian, that's not too bad.)

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 14

• For fuck sake get the fuck over it.

• Meh, you said it's a deal breaker - so what else is there to do? Just leave it.

• Well you either accept that he has a different political view or leave.
    But if you really like him so much, why don't you just date him.. I don't know my partner's political view never really bothered me so I personally wouldn't be bothered much. Who knows you can convince him or vice versa lol he's the man of your dreams.. I would date him and see how it goes.

You've never asked a guy his political views? What do you two talk about, walking dead or something?

• Trump is the better options anyways. Maybe he should reconsider you lmao

• Well, you said so yourself, "That's a deal breaker for me."
    And so if it's a deal breaker then don't get together with him.

• You just said that its a deal breaker for you, but you're asking us what you should do? *sigh*

• Well, you said deal breaker. If that was really a deal breaker then you wouldn't be questioning what to do. One of you should think about and reconsider your beliefs because this can become a big problem in the future for you guys even if it's not rn.

• Try to learn from him, no offense but supporting abortion would be a deal breaker for me.

• Break up if you cannot look past it and by that I mean be fully content with it

• Find out why. Is it because he thinks Trump is a wholesome individual or because his hate for Clinton overrides his distaste for Trump?

• Don't let that get to you, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and you can't decide who he votes for and who he feels will do best as President. Push this aside and enjoy time together before we are doomed by both candidates.

• That's just sad, if you really do like him and think there's something there you'd put that aside. The fact you won't makes you a pretty petty person.

• Lmfao... Really...

• There's a point where political views correlate to someone's moral views. If the morals that Republicans/Trump have repulses you, it's going to be very hard to be in a relationship with someone of similar morals or lack there of, rather.