Should I wait for him?

So me and my ex recently reconnected after being apart for about 6 months we dated for 3 years prior. We hang out a few times a week and it feels like old times when we're together and have hooked up. I've expressed to him that I want to get back together. He said that he wants to get back together as well and that he still loves me but doesn't want to hop right back into things because he's afraid that I will break up with him again. The reason why I broke up with him in the first place was because I need time to figure things out for myself. He has also said that he wants to work on getting moved out and getting his career going before he decides to date again. I decided to cut off the sex and with but I told him I still want to be there for him as a friend because I found out he has also been hooking up with another girl but he doesn't know that I know. I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for him to have his fun and all that until he's ready but I also don't want to get hurt in the process. What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like if you want to get back together with him then you need to make it clear that you've figured your stuff out and you won't break up with him again. Then once he's ready to date again, just tell him that you know about the other girl and that that has to stop now that you'll be back together. Until then just stay friends.

What Girls Said 1

• Stay friends for now. As at the moment he's having his cake and eating it by having the both of you

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. Do you think he will ever come around?

:) if he cares enough