Girls, do you feel comfortable approaching/asking out guys you're interested in?

• I'd definitely do it if I was interested
    26% (28)
  • I'd probably do it
    7% (7)
  • I'd likely do it
    6% (6)
  • I might do it
    18% (19)
  • slim chance
    18% (19)
  • I wouldn't do it
    16% (17)
  • I wouldn't do it. I feel inhibited by societal norms
    9% (10)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
1mo Update
1mo If not, is it because you feel inhibited because of your gender?

Also, if not, would you give him "hints" to try to get him to come to you instead?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's what I do and not because of social norms, I think to follow others is stupid, everyone has their own mind, society shouldn't have to tell us how to act. I would talk to him, just trying to get to know him and if he displays signs that he actually is interested in me and whether I like him or not I'll tell him how I feel so the air is cleared and no games are being played. If you tell him you like him and he likes you, he's going to ask you out and the reason I don't just bluntly ask although that's sorta my motto for life is because people love games and a lot of people are about that bullshit. They'll flirt with you for attention or entertainment, so I'll let you know how I feel and if you want me I'm right here, I don't have time for games.

I'm really straight forward like you and i hate norms. But you have to find the golden middle. Like it or not, we all "play". If you dont want to play the game, you'll still be played in return.
      But you can play it smart, do nothing and let him chase you ;)

What Girls Said 30

• I am a very awkward / blunt/ straightforward person, if I like you, I can nag you all day long till comes the day where I say it. I see no point in hiding and being shy because it's human feelings and we can't control it. It's not like I've done a crime.

• I wouldn't do it, but it has nothing to do with the fact that I am female. I believe that if a girl is interested in a guy, she should do it. I don't do it because I am ugly. I just feel like I am setting myself up for failure.

And to be honest, actually I have done it. So the answer is more that I won't do it anymore. In my early 20's I used to do it, and I got rejected every time. So that's how I know.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you. I'm not attractive at all and if I do that he will only make fun of me. I can't even say hi to them. I just hate when people tell me that there's nothing to fear if they've never been through what I've been through. They think it's easy and it is for them but not for me.

@Princesslee16 Yes that's basically for me too. If I bring it up on a site like this, people don't believe it either. Usually on this site guys won't believe it because they think no woman ever gets rejected. I haven't exactly given up, but I haven't been trying either. If I meet a guy, and we have a mutual connection and attraction I'm fine with it. However, I am not going through the stress that I used to go through. I don't get stressed out anymore like I did when I was younger. The only time it bothers me now is if people try to pressure me to get into a relationship, or if people try to ask me about it.

This new guy at work was asking me about it. I just gave him one word answers because I don't talk about my personal life. When he found out my age, he said: 'Oh well you better get on that soon. You're running out of time.' Things like that stress me out. If I don't think about it, I feel content and happy.

• Only of I knew him and he showed signs of interest too

• FUCKYEAH! Yes! If I am intersted why not?

• I woudn't be attracted to a guy i had to ask out.

Plus, guys would love to have millions of women digging them, but they only value the ones they had to work for.

Plus, it's so much more enjoyable to let the man take action and do things for me :)

• I'd definitely do it if I were interested

• It's how I got my current boyfriend.

• No I'm too hesitant and shy. I would be deathly afraid I would want to maybe.

• Slim chance. I have fear of rejection.

• I'm gonna be totally honest... I've never met someone that I'd want to date. But if I did I think I'd ask them out.

• slim chance

• If I was interested, yeah I'd do it

• yeah I actually would approach if I am certain I like him

• I'm a pretty spontaneous and extrovert person, I kinda act before I think ( at least irl) , so yeah I'd probably do it before I've had the chance to think twice.

• I've done it

• I have asked guys out before. I usually don't though, I am too shy for that ish :D

• OH HELL NO!!

• I don't ask men out.

• There is a very slim chance I would do that.

• I could do it if I were interested.

• I think if you like someone then it doesn't matter if you approach a guy first.. cause it's good to be earlier before its too late.

• Nop hahaah on that aspect I have low confidence

• If I don't have any feelings I'll be more than comfortable. If I do then it's totally different.

• I would never know in my life do that. It's too scary. 😨😨😨😨😱😱😱😖😖😲😲😲😲😩😩(SCARY)

• I've done it before; won't be doing it again. It only ever works if the guy asks first.

• No I wouldn't ask a guy out ever but as far as asking how he feels about me or putting myself out there with how I feel if I need to then I will just so I won't wonder what if

• No. I'm too shy. I'm even too shy of flirting back.

• I don't do it, because if I get rejected I'll be laughed at and seen as desperate. But for guys it isn't as bad.

• Im too socially anxious and insecure to ask out or approach a guy.

• I've asked out all the guys I've ever dated (5)