Guys, What's up with this guy? Does he like me?

This guy is showing all the signs he's interested. He will touch me when he's telling a story, I catch him stairing at me, he tells me I'm funny, remembers our conversation we had earlier last week, smiling lots of smiling. I invited him to go hang out with our mutual work friends, and he acts like he's going to go then flakes. Then he texts our mutual friend an excuse why he can't go. I'm getting mixed signals from this guy. What's up when this guy? He hasn't even asked me for my # or if we want to hang.

3

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he's just shy, but he sure doesn't sound shy. What it sounds more like is that he's not all that interested in you. Guys tend to cast wide nets and try to keep lots of options open, but it sounds like he doesn't consider you as one of his primary options. My instinct would be to demote him in your mind as well. If he decides he wants to step up later and ask you out, then you can reconsider him at that time.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Everyone absolutely loves this guy at work. He's generally a sweet, helpful and nice guy. Though I may not be a primary option, it's so annoying that he is sending these signals.

What Guys Said 2

• I would say he's afraid he'll say something stupid on the date. This is a complicated situation I might be wrong about but I'd say that's the best chance from what you've provided

• Sadly, he likes you but he's afraid to do anything with you