Do you think it's ok for women to sleep around?

This question is here because people still slut shame And certain women feel like if men do it why can't we. What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• no it is not, but it is not ok for men to sleep around either. especially if you are in a relationship, or sleeping with persons who are in relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure just take responsibility for your actions and realize that a lot of people will judge you instead of shaming everyone who doesn't agree with your lifestyle.

What Girls Said 7

• i look at it this way: as long as the person (male or female) sleeping around is

1) not cheating or otherwise being deceitful, and
    2) is using protection

then it's fine.

• Hm yeah, if thats what she want's to do. Don't you think its kinda funny...

A guy sleeps around and his friend high five him and want to know more... A girl does it and the world is going to end, she's a whore and there is no more discussion. When I hear people with this stand on this I just have to remind myself that these people are so insecure themselves that it's the only thing they feel they can do to make themselves feel better. So sad

• Yes, I do.

• Do whatever the fuck you want. I don't see how someone's sex life is anyone's business unless they're going around spreading STIs like the plague

• Yes thats what i did until i settled down with my boyfriend.

• Obviously. People are free to do whatever they want with their lives as long as it doesn't harm someone else. So why not.

• no i don't because if you are with someone you should be loyal to them and not mess with anyone else

What Guys Said 26

• Sex is far easier to get for women, this is because of simple reproductive fitness dynamics. As in a man can knock up 5 women in a day, but a women can only get knocked up once in 9 months, so you only need a small percentage of men to knock up all the women. This makes men more sexually driven and women more selective. A man will need
    a lot going for him to have the same potential sexual success as the average women. This is why male promiscuity is celebrated (because it's hard to do) while a women will just be considered a slut (because all she needs to do is open her legs). A man also doesn't know if a child is his while a women will always know, thus a promiscuous women is subconsciously seen as a risk that a man will waste his time and resources raising someone else's genes, it is a risk to male reproductive fitness.

• No I don't think its okay. First and foremost men doing it is over stated to an extreme, secondly if its a bad behavior then why would some one else doing it make it okay and thirdly statistics show that its incredibily detrimental for a woman to sleep around. It increases her risk of divorcing, 1% with one partner 16% with two, increases the probability of her being unhappy in a long term relationship, increases the odds of developing depression and increases the risk of cheating (those who score in the upper half of the sociosexually unrestricted scale (i. e. those who have a casual view of sex) have a 50% probability of cheating). Then of course it increases the odds of STD's and of a man raising a child that is not his own, not exactly something he wants, and all of this is detrimental to the womans offspring (hence 80% of inmates being from single mother homes). So its not good, though really is that suprising? You don't look at self indulgent people and think healthy. You don't go and see a 500 pound person and think to yourself that they have their shit together because they constantly indulge themselves, or some one who drinks them self into a comma every night, we think, and rightly, that they have problems. Same with sex.

• No, I don't. And I don't think that it's ok for men to sleep around either, by the way. That line of thought- "if they do it, why can't we?" is toxic and cancerous. That someone else has done something is NOT sufficient justification for doing it yourself.

• I don't see the problem with it. @vonasaurus got the right idea...
    most of the people who say its not ok for either side to sleep around usually either can't get some or have never gotten some.

• I don't mind if a woman sleeps around, as long as she, and he, is responsible. When I have issues with it is when they are spreading STI's or getting pregnant without any intent on taking care of the child.

Be smart and responsible and it isn't a big deal, at least to me.

• Most men don't "sleep around" and in fact only a small % of men would if they could. Woman have the power of consent and can get laid on almost any occasion. A woman put's her sexual health at risk every time any time a foreign object is entered into her cavities. And if she sleeps around, there a greater chance of her having an accident and not knowing who the father is. No father means the child will probably grow up in poverty.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

• I have no issue with it - Her choice

• Personally, I don't think it's a desirable quality. However, I'm not going to go out and stop anyone- they can do what they want :)
    I don't know, I just find it a bit... disappointing?

• As long as they're not sleeping with people in relationships and they're safe about it, then it's fine. Same goes for guys

• Sure it is, it's their life... I'm not stupid enough to get in a relationship with highly promiscuous women but their lives don't revolve around me and even if they were somehow prohibited from sleeping around that wouldn't change their personality.

• Only to those who do it. Those people just don't get much done in life but each other, which they're more than content with. Until prospects dry up.

• sure, why not? it's their body and their life, hence their decision. people need to stop thinking someone else's sexual life is their business

• Yeah it's fine. Women should have the freedom to have sex without being excessively judged for it as men are able to

• The girls who do it , don't really care. They just say well guys are doing it so blah blah.. And I mean they have a point. Kind of an iffy subject these days but like I said I doubt the girls who do it give a sh** what dudes think about it

• As long as no one catches disease its fine.

• It's not okay for people in general to sleep around - not just women.

• I don't mind if women sleep around it only bothers me when they get an sti or get pregnant and shift all the blame on the person they chose to sleep with instead of admitting their own part in their actions

• No, I don't think it's ok for men to either

• If she wants to get married - she shouldn't. If she doesn't want to, then sure. But Im planning to write a take on slutshaming soon, to explain some things

• I think its equally as ok as guys sleeping around

• its not something people should do

• yes it is.

• They shouldn't to be politically correct but who bothers

• As long as they're not cheating, hurting anyone and are safe about it then it's none of my business.

It's really the attitude that concerns me more.

Like I find it to be a big turnoff if girls boast about sleeping around, same with guys. It's just childish and they're acting like it's tied to their self worth.

• Yes. If I had a girlfriend I would encourage her to do that. It's hot.

You'd encourage her to sleep with other guys whilst in a relationship with her?

@CottonSocks Yes. I think that is so hot and sexy. She could only do it for sex, and no repeats, so I am the only one she has feelings for. And I would always want to make love with her when she comes home, and cuddle with her. I want her to be the more dominant one too and smack me around sometimes for fun. I want a long term relationship like that.