Have you ever wished you found out something about someone you dated prior to dating them?

Has there ever been a time where you wish you knew something about someone you dated, before dating them, so you could have either dodged the situation or just gone in with a different approach?

For me, I wish I knew this girl just got out of a LTR prior to meeting her as we talked for a few weeks prior to meeting and had a lot in common. I would have gone in and probably had a different attitude and may not have caught feelings for her as much and not expect much of it. It would have saved me the headache and eventual heartache that happened when it ended. I mean it didn't end because I was rushing her. I actually took it slow and went at her place but it ended due to a messed up situation on her end.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I wish he was honest about a lot of things. Oh well lmao. You live and you learn.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• Yes. My last relationship was doomed from the start because I didn't realize how poor he was at managing his finances. I essentially paid for almost everything in the relationship, and random debts he'd accrued in his past snuck up to bite him (and consequently, me) in the ass over and over again. Also, he had a severe porn addiction. That would've been nice to know beforehand.

• Went out with a guy once and found out over dinner that he didn't really like food. Like... whut.

Went out with one guy for a week or two before finding out he was anti everything, drinking smoking meat comics gambling, was a huge pc elitist and shit on my ps4 and my choice of games, and yeah, I'm accommodating. I'd cut back on smoking and drinking because that's reasonable but like, everything else you're weakly bitching about? Lol.

Almost dated another guy before he told me that courses for a lib arts degree were just as difficult as courses for a stem degree. LOLLLLL I dipped outta that so fast.

Who doesn't like food? Does he starve himself?

Apparently he didn't. He was like, he only eats because he needs to, but he didn't have any preference. Like that's cool but I'm the kind of person that shows my love with food so when you tell me you don't really care about food I'm just like..."does not compute".

Also, going out on a date where the other guy doesn't eat but you are...10/10 hella weird and awkward. Would not recommend.

• If I could, I'd probably interview and have a talk with all of their exs to find out why it didn't work out and what both their problems were.

What if a person has no exes?

Then I would have liked to meet their friends and family and to find out the people they associate with and the type of people they were raised by.

• I wish I had known my baby's dad was a cheater, would quit his job & be a dead beat b4 I had his baby. still 💜 my daughter tho

Yeah it's not your kids fault the dad is like that.

• I wish i knew my ex was only dated me to get back at me for giving him a bad grade in our class, even though he left ME hanging on a project and was a bitch about it. I would have never dated him , married him, let alone let him cum inside me to show him how much i was in love with him. Im healed but the scars really annoy me

Ouch, that sucks. That seems pretty extreme to date someone as a form of revenge for receiving a bad grade.

I see makes sense now

That's very shady.

• Yes. If I would've known something about my husband before we got married I would have never given him a second chance. I didn't find out about it until after we had a baby together. So he basically kept it a secret for over 5 years from me.

Did you consider that a lie? I have things I'm not proud of, foolish, harmless things I did when I was young,. Just a lot of partying, but I was arrested one time and spent three weeks in jail. Do i need to tell a girl about that before I marry her? Is she entitled to that information? What should I do?

That was 13 years ago and the charges were dismissed. We were just crazy kids coming back from a war zone, listening to music and talking about ideas. Hell of a thing to be talking about all these years later. But you're right, you know that? I think you're right. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it and will do what you recommend.

@Theodorable that's kind of cute actually. That kind of thing just brings people closer when you know about it. She'd probably just laugh it off.

• his political view and sexual desire though I still wouldn't dump him but consider before getting into a relationship

Is he conservative or pretty liberal?

Is he conservative or pretty liberal?

I don't mind difference in political views as long as there's aren't too extreme or they don't force them on me.

He has conservative views... we just compromise although in the real world it can't really be changeable but yeah we respect each other's views

• I think we've all been there... we all have probably wished that at some point... you're not alone :)

• Always as hindsight is a wonderful thing!

• My boyfriend warned me of his anger issues but he didn't tell me how bad it actually was 🙄

• Yes lmfao. I wish I knew he was freaking immature.

• Almost all the relationships I've been in.
    1. Wish he told me how bad his anger was. Including abuse.
    2. Wish he told me he was better as a friend then a lover who acted so needy all the time.
    3. Wish he told me he that he only wanted a friends with benefits. Because being cheated on isn't cool!. Plus he was an awesome friend.
    4. I wish he told me he was a severe drama queen, who happens to have really bad anger and can't keep his shit together. Also into talking like a little kid. "Baby talk". Yuck.
    Everything else sucks. Haha.

That's all for just one guy? wow

@kap_nss oh no ! Haha they all all their own. Funny though looking at it the last guy is all of that. Haha!

ahhahah

• Nope, I have learned something from every relationship I've been in even if it was painful... the painful ones make you appreciate the good ones that much more <333

• Sometimes there is no right way to do things. I think in retrospect she could have said something before you, so you understood where she was at mentally. However, some times women think it's a turn off for men to hear that early on, some men take it as "baggage" hearing about it too soon. If that makes sense.

Either way, in the long run, there is someone else out there for you.

Yeah but what if you end up liking them and then find out too late that they're newly single and not over their ex and emotionally unavailable. You feel used and that you're just an ego boost to them. That can mess you up.

• I wish I knew he had been a monster to his ex. He never did anything to me but I just couldn't stand looking at him after I learned about it

What'd he do to his ex?

But the biggest problem was that she wasn't clear about her intentions and was asking me to hang out more and the last time I saw her, she invited me to her place and everything was great until the end when we had sex and right before we had sex, she told me to wait in her room and when I layed in her bed and got up there was an empty condom wrapper from another guy just laying there. I didn't say anything but she saw me look at it and was like heh that's trash. Then she ditched me afterwards despite having plans to go to a concert after, which she had asked me to go to and blocked me from social media as if I was the one who screwed up.

But one thing I'll tell you is never say anyone is perfect, because there's no such thing. Everyone's got flaws and you'll be more disappointed if you get screwed over by them like I did and it hurts you even more.

What Guys Said 8

• Oh yes. I have stories a-plenty about this. A semi-recent one was when I found out she was actually dating someone else already, but they were away for the military so she didn't see anything wrong with "sampling" others (yes, that's how she put it). It hurt, but I broke it off a couple weeks later. I do not want to be around when her first guy comes back.

• I wish I had known about the sexual traumas of X#1 (2015) before dating her. She didn't bring it up in sex class until EIGHT MONTHS AFTER she dumped me, saying she "wasn't ready to have a boyfriend". She shoulda told me right at the beginning so that we hadn't told everyone we were a couple just 18 hours in!

• I wish I knew she was going to give me so much detail about her previous sexual partners. I could have stopped her. And would have saved me a lot of professional counseling and medicine.

• No all the failures taught me i would t be who i am today if i didn't meet many bitches alonge the way

• Yes. Sweet mother of all that is evil and corrupt, yes.

• That would be nice

• Ya I wish I knew if my ex was crazy.

• she spends beyond her means.
    she has no concept of life balance.
    she wants babies with no responsibility.
    she has no realistic understanding of her goals.

I will break her heart either way, and break mine too... Because I know I can have a more successful and agreeable life with someone else. I relate a lot.