In the dating world, is it harder to be a chubby girl or a skinny guy?

In the dating world, is it harder to be a chubby girl or a skinny guy?I read a myTake and it has got me thinking: When you're not the ideal body type for your sex, it can make finding a partner much, much more difficult. I had recently read a myTake about a young man and his experience in the dating world being the "skinny guy".
As you may know, the ideal body type for a male is to be tall, "jacked", and just masculine all around, and according to him, being skinny was just not that, and he discribed his experiences and plan to change what he wasn't happy with.

As I was reading I thought about my own issues I had previously experienced by being the "fat girl" and how similar they were to his. I am in the process of losing the last bit of weight I need to lose, but it has had me wondering.

I feel like the results will be split between guys and girls because everyone has their own experiences and view on how things are hard. We'll see though.

Please be respectful and mature with your opinion.

• It's harder to be a chubby girl.
  • It's harder to be a skinny guy.
  • Both equally have their own problems in dating.
  • Other (explain)
1mo From this poll it is much harder to be a chubby girl because
•They are seen as unattractive by many guys

•They are usually made fun off and shitted on by other girls.

• It is much harder for them to get laid because according to many guys "skinny is better". 🙄

• They aren't respected, like at ALL.

• Most fat girls can't rely on looks to get what they want.

Well thanks for all the answers. Be on the lookout for my take about being a former fat girl and the struggles I went through.

Most Helpful Guy

• 100% harder to be a chubby girl, didn't even have to read the description. Girls have a sort-of defined line their bodies are confined to in beauty. The amount of guys that are into chubby girls or think they are cool is a much smaller number than girls who prefer skinny guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Chubby women.

So what my friends and I have concluded is simply - Men get shit for dating heavier women. Its sad and shallow but very true. If you are not fat and hang around younger men enough you will invariably hear jokes about drunken hookups with "fat chicks". It is supposed to be embarrassing to get with a heavier woman because men are so focused on bodies, or at least they are supposed to be. But its somewhat more acceptable to hook up with heavy woman while drunk, which is why sadly a lot of overweight girls have random hook ups that never call, and don't get asked out often. Of course there are exceptions to this - there are men out there that are totally not ashamed to be attracted to and love a heavier woman. But socially, it is not really accepted among men so they hide it.

What Guys Said 50

• I think it's about the same, although this is just speculation because nobody knows what it's like to be in the other's shoes. xD And by skinny or chubby here, I'm going by body types similar to the ones in your photos for this question.

I say it's about equal because --- even though chubby girls and skinny guys are not generally considered to have ideal body types by society --- you can go outside and still see lots of skinny guys and chubby girls who happily have partners in about equal numbers. So it's harder for them to find partners than it is for people with "ideal" body types, but nowhere near the "forever alone" despair that some people make it out to be. xD

However, one interesting thing to note is that chubby girls are not commonly said to be "less womanly" or "less feminine", just that they are less attractive. And in various times and places around the world, a chubby (or at least thick) girl has even been considered a desirable body type to have. On the other hand, skinny guys are sometimes said to be "less manly" and "less masculine". And I could be wrong, but I don't think skinny guys have EVER been considered to have an "ideal man's body" at any time or place in history. xD

^This!

@Blonde401 Thanks! :D I've actually never thought about that point in my last paragraph until RainbowFanGirl asked this question now! xD But once I did realize it, I thought it was pretty interesting. :P

• I've never been either one so I can't speak with any real authority on it, but overall, I feel like the whole thing is overblown. Yes, there are always the ones that we all lust over who fit the bill physically, but go take a walk around outside and you'll see couples of all attractiveness levels. Like what happens to everyone who gets rejected by the straight up lookers, it's going to be like 90% of us, haha. We base our standards too much on media and celebrities. It's just attractive people pairing off with attractive people... but that's not real life, we're focusing on a small pool of attractive people who are famous largely BECAUSE they're attractive and the attractive famous people fuck other attractive famous people. Go to a Walmart if you want to see reality. Some people look ok, some are decidedly average, some are outright eyesores, haha. I just don't really buy it when people say they're too this or too that to find someone. It's the losing attitude that's really the problem.

• Well since I'm male and happen to be skinny (not as much as I used to be, as I've noticed as of late), I'm of course leaning towards saying that being a skinny guy is harder. But, of course, I don't, never have, and never will have the experience of being a chubby girl, nor can I imagine it. It's an entirely different set of problems.

Tho that doesn't mean I can't come to some objective conclusions. Considering that this whole "body acceptance" thing pretty much only extends to women, I'd say non-perfect female bodies are given a pass more often than non-perfect male ones.

"body acceptance" isn't really working out in the dating world though... Chubby girls may hear "you're beautiful just the way you are" from friends and relatives but it won't get them boyfriends. I think as a skinny guy you either have to be quite tall or have a very handsome face to overcome the being skinny disadvantage.

I think 6'1" may actually be just tall enough, even in Latvia.

You're right but I have seen both of them get love and hate.
      When I was fat I was always teased and picked on by guys which really hurt. The same has been true by girls picking on the nerdy thin guys.

I think both of these things can be damaging and hurtful. I know from experience how badly it hurts to be fat and to be picked on for being unattractive so I may be biased.

• In HS its more acceptable for a guy to be skinny than it is for a girl to be fat. So I would say it is harder for the girl.

After HS, I think the fat girl would have the advantage when it comes to finding casual hookups, while the skinny guy would have an easier time getting into relationships.

• Thanks for A2A!

I don't know any friend (20+ people) of mine who is skinny and didn't get laid. Apparently, girls prefer ectomorphs over endomorphs. For guys, it's JUST about the confidence and perpetual efforts. That's it!

Girls don't have a hard time either. Sit anywhere and just open your legs.

Maybe skinny guys would have it a little harder to get that hottest chick or a bunch of hot chicks at once like those ripped bodybuilders have it, but at least, they won't have it that hard to find a long term stable relationship.

Fat girls will have it harder and be out of choices when it comes to long term relationships tho.

I don't even know what to vote. But still, I voted A as personally, I don't see myself with any fat girl in the future regardless of how I look.

(My apologies if I sounded rude. I'm feeling sleepy as it's 2:44 AM and I have a lot of burden for the morning. Plus, I came from a myTake having 50+ ridiculous comments)

• I've always thought that chubby people have it harder. I'm more a skinny guy and I honestly never really felt like that was holding me back, I can't complain.. But my brother was judged for dating a fat girl, like 'You can get better, come on'.
    Of course the girl is a really wonderful person and they are like meant to be, but the judging will always be there, which is a pity

• It's much more difficult for the chubby girls because it's easier to find a girl who likes skinny guys, but it's not easy to find a guy who likes chubby girls.

• Id say its about equal. I used to be super skinny, but never had a huge problem dating the girls i wanted. And I've seen plenty of thicker girls dating really attractive guys. Some people even prefer these two body types over whats normally considered "ideal." I know guys that prefer thick girls and since bulking up I've even been told by a couple girls i was too muscular. Tastes vary

• I voted other: it's far worse not to be a nice person, that's a big turn off :o
    Chubby girls and skinny guys find guys, but a rude and disrespectful person doesn't have a chance :-(

• It's harder as a "nice guy" than both of them. I know some chubby girls with over a 100 partner count. I know thin guys that get women. Never seen a soft male do well with women ever. When it comes to finding a good partner, everyone has their problems. But a chubby girl will get laid more than the dudes.

I'm so gonna shaft your take. You are wrong. From a former nice guy who is missing out on group sex with chubby girls tonight.

• It depends. The more chubby or the more skinny you are, the more trouble in dating you'll have. You want to have a nice healthy balance with your body.

It doesn't matter if it's a woman or a man. Both can have equally a hard time dating.

• probably harder to be chubby. i'm sure both face their share of adversity in the dating world but i feel like chubby or fat people still have a harder road to go down

• Well, that depends. If a girl is chubby in right places then she might be considered very attractive by lots of guys. If a guy is not very skinny and is athletic then he won't have much problems either.

• probably fatter.

Any reason why?

It messed up my body a little. I have stretch marks on my stomach for losing weight so fast but that's about it. Overall I feel better about myself and all together entirely.

Good ^^.

• But girls don't ever initiate lol so it isn't hard at all.

• I think it's all about equal. As a chubby guy and dropped 8 pants sizes
    so far i find ladies were less attracted to me than when i was more heavier
    but i think i look more handsome now i loss weight.

Good for you! :)
      I dropped 50 pounds after being close to being obese and I also feel better. I'm almost at a normal weight which took about a year and a half to lose.

Thank You :D :P

• I'm relatively skinny but I don't think it's a handicap. As for chubby girls it depends. I think naturally curvy girls can be super attractive. So I'd say both is not a handicap other things are going to decide how successful people are going to be :P.

• Both. Some people prefer chubby while some prefer skinny. Its really just all about your preference.

• I say chubby chicks, weird but there are women who love skinny/weak guys who are incapable of even defending theirselves. But its diffrent by men, most of us want chicks who are in a good shape and curvy.

There was a chubby girl when I was in highschool she said she liked me, but I rejected her cause of her being chubby. Thats how it works by most of men.

• I think that both have but i haven't seen that a lot. I saw chubby girls with skinny guys and also different things.

• i'll say both., but i think chubby chicks more.

• Where's the option for 'Chubby' Guy cause realistically speaking, they have it the hardest.

• you forgot... fat guys are the hardest...

I've seen lots of fat guys with girlfriends haha. I didn't know that.

@RainbowFanGirl

Yeah, but I think a lot of those fat guys got fat AFTER the relationship started.

@johndoe3000

that's very true.. but there's always the luck factor, chubby chasers (for chicks only) and rich fatguys..

@rainbowfangirl.. which fat guy has ever gotten the girl over some ripped gym nut?

money and power and luck is all us fat people have... without it... we finish last.. a mile after the "good guys" lol

• Probably being chubby, sadly. Body shaming is a very sad thing.

• 14d

(This is for @RainbowFanGirl , not OrangeBoy) Well I actually prefer slightly wider-framed women. I don't mean that I like *tubby* women (as hypocritical as that is coming from me [sigh]), more that I'd take Mei over Tracer, a dwarf woman over an elf chick, or Charley Chase over Alexis Texas.

• Some girls like skinny guys but no one like a fat or chubby guy

• I see obese girls in couples everywhere around me. Those guys who don't look nice, they're all alone.

Really? I see the opposite where I am. All the skinny dudes have girlfriends and the fat ones are all alone.

• I would definitely say it is harder for chubby girls. As has been said quite often skinny people can get better looking with age. Chubby folk will most like only get fatter as they age and that isn't a good look.

• Fat girl AND fat guy. Society somehow thinks it's more to be skinny than fat smh

• I would say both can have their issues, though chubby girls are not really as rejected as people talk about. Lots of guys are in relationships with chubby girls and I love 'em. Though it's seen as more normal for a guy to be slim so they might have it easier, though too slim can look bad on a guy.

• Dudes care more about looks than chicks, but I've seen a fair amount of chubby chasers, which I didn't know was really a thing outside the internet and poor areas until I went to North Carolina 😂

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 28

• Everyone no matter who they are have their own problems in the dating world. Where I live lots of guys have chubby girlfriends and lots of girls have skinny boyfriends. If you're a good person and take care of yourself then you'll be fine. I don't think it's right to behave like a victim like they're the only ones going through things because the reality is those are fixable issues. If they don't like something then work to improve it, don't just complain that people don't like you. If you have a good personality and do the most generic things in hygiene and grooming, then you're set.

• I think it's harder when one is chubby because more people are open to overweight vs thin women. (I'm going off anecdotal evidence-maybe there's data or a GaG poll that says otherwise)
    Whereas women will usually accept a guy with a body that doesn't fall into her ideals because we're less visual than guys are. Whereas guys, when they don't know you, mostly go off what they see.

I so agree. I know this firsthand too.

thanks for mho

lol, wrong tab, sorry!!! It's be noice though XD lol, I'mgonna leave now

• I think both but chubby girls do have a hard time, also some guys treat chubby girls different in a bad way my dad came home pissed because he was hearing these stories at the gym. These guys were saying how they would never date fat girl and they will only use them for sex and that's it. My dad was angry because I myself is chubby and I don't care that I'm fat as long I keep eating healthy and exercising everyday I am healthy. Finding someone was extremely hard for me but thankfully I found someone that loves me for who I am

• I feel like skinny guys are A Thing in a lot of subcultures whereas there's no place where bigger girls are popular except specific fetishes.

• skinny guys can still be really hot
    chubby girls it s pretty relative
    plus a girl rely on her looks more than a guy
    so if the guy had the personality brains and charisma, being skinny like that wouldn t be an issue at all.

• "C" For Both. No One person is any "Better OFF" 'In th eDating World." It's not Always About the Size before Someone's Eyes But... Personality, that Highlights And Delights. I think this Road Goes Both ways.
    Again, and it Seems that No one Gets it. Without Personality, it doesn't Matter if you are the Most Beautiful King or Queen of Hollywood, if you Don't have What it Takes, Portraying A Fake, it Porays you Someone who is "Very Ugly Inside." THis will Ruin a Person's Beauty, whiich of course is Always Beholded by the Beholder.
    I will Revert back to "Unconditional Love Once more. I had told you Last week when you Invited me to Reply to Another "Similar," however a bit "Differrent" kind of Question.
    If Someone Special Accepts you as you Are, No matter how Big or Small or Short or Tall, He or She will Love you and Accept you for WhoYou are, and Not some Trophy Piece Who Shows and Tells.
    Good luck and Thanks for the Invite. xx

• Chubby girl
    Why else would girls only post the most flattering pics of them, making them look skinny? But then when they meet up he's usually angry cuz she lied.
    Not very beneficial to do that lol

• I would say chubby girls. Because its hard finding clothing when your plus size, people tend to call you names, you dont see full figure women being idolized on televisison.

• I think all body types can have problems because each one of us have their own preferences, so what may seem a problem for you may be a turn on for someone else 🙉

• a chubby girl. definitely harder. women don't appreciate traditional masculinity these days anymore, lol the guy can be as skinny as he wants to, if he just grows a beard, that will be considered 'manly' and there you have it - problem solved :))) My heart goes out to the chubby girls, honestly, must take a lot of courage to face all the difficulties.

• I think a fatter girl is just about the hardest. I think most skinny guys end up in relationships. But you're right, both things make it more difficult.

• Chubby girl.

• I think it's probably harder to be a chubby girl Peale tend to judge women/girls A LOT more harshly then men.

• Chubby girl

• It depends on the age of the person I guess.
    It's probably harder for a chubby girl as a teen and as an adult it's probably harder for a skinny guy.

• Chubby girls are completely ignored

Exactly or they are bullied for their appearance. I know this first hand being a former fat chick.

Yeah, being a skinny guy seems easier

• It's waaaaay harder to be a chubby girl (me).

• I think both have their problems, but it's ultimately harder to be a chubby girl.

• I think from seeing my surroundings it's harder for a man that's overweight then a girl.

No you know what I gotta change my answer, life is hard in general!. XD just today I saw a really over weight guy with a pretty petite girl. It's just both ways honestly! But Really it's just XD this life is hard.

• Where is the opinion for fat guys? As far as I am concerned... they have it the HARDEST.

They do but the take was about being skinny. 😝

From a physical attraction standpoint, guys of any shape, or size don't have it near as hard as girls of any shape, or size. Girls are judged far more on their bodies than men are.

• its funny because I see a lot of couples that look just like those two together.
    I voted both

• It plays a factor, people will not date s chubby girl if they do not prefer it. Its the same thing as people who will not date certain skin tones

• Out of those, it's harder to be a chubby girl. Although I think chubby guys have it harder than both

• Chubby girl

• That girl isn't chubby, that's fat

• I personally don't like skinny guys

• Skinny guys Get hotter as they age.

• Neither! They can both be ideal to someone