How large are my chances with this guy?

A guy at my students club, he's nearly 9 years older than me and I met him because Im going to take over his (voluntary) job of lay-out of the club's magazine. He's very nice, not really a student anymore though. Im 19 and he's 27.
I haven't seen him a lot of times yet and I want to know before I start to feel anything more serious. Is it likely a guy his age would like a girl my age?
We have similar humor and get along well.

What Guys Said 1

• the age is fine, i hope im not considered old at 27 if i managed to get a girl aged 19.
    id be over the moon havn a 19yr girlfriend so id say you are in for a good shot with this guy.
    Ask him out for coffee or something and see what he says before getting more attached to him.

He still needs to teach me how to work with some programs and I'll see him around anyways, so I think I'll let it develop naturally. I like to become friends before dating. Plus Im far too insecure to ask someone out.

What Girls Said 1

• Why not. I think you have big chances if he likes you. 9 years older at your age is still ok and many men like younger women. And I think that age doesn't matter in this situation if you get along well. I am 19 and dated older men too.