Am I psyching myself out?

Well after a while, I finally got the chance to ask a girl for her number. While getting her number I indicated to her that I would like to take her out. Then while I was there talking to her and so forth, one of her friends came by and they were talking for a little bit (so I waited). I asked her if she would be free anytime soon, but she was trying to tell me that she wouldn't. It just seems like it is going to end up with me chasing my tail, based on that interaction. I know that nothing has really happened yet, other than me getting her number. Yet it really seems like previous experiences that have happened to me. I feel like that I am going to end up on the losing end again, just wondering if I should even bother her and try. So far she hasn't said no to anything outright, just that she doesn't know if she will be free due to being busy. We both would be busy, but I would at least try and make the time. Looking on advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• She is not interested in you. You're clearly wasting your time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Call her up in a couple days, don't text. Ask her if she's free this weekend, if she gives you any bullshit excuse tell her it's fine and if she's free to let you know. Then you don't contact her at all for like 2 weeks and try again and if she does the same, cross her off your list and forget about her. You need to be able to move on from rejection quickly and nkt take it personally because there ARE women out there that want you. If she does contact you, don't make small talk just set up a date. If she doesn't pick up the phone give her a quick text right afterwards asking her out. That's really all you can do, let your intentions be known and give her space and respect her decision.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• She's not crazy about you, that's pretty obvious. But it doesn't mean it will be a waste of time unless you consider a girl not being head over heels for you to be a deal breaker. Give it a go, you've got her number, she know's you're wanting to go out, text her and try to arrange it. Very easy. If you get nothing from that, move on. You're not losing if that happens, it's just another experience to add to your list of experiences and you're a better person through that. I consider the real loser the ones who just let opportunities go.

• Well try her number in a few days see if she wants to go out and then either give up or take her out. Either way dont worry to much about it.