How long should I wait before asking a girl out?

So me and this girl I like don't see each other often but we recently have had some good conversations. I visited her at her work twice and we talked for like a minute or 2at her work. I wanted to know how long should I wait to ask her out? I kind of just want to ask her out as a date already or just hang out as friends first but I don't know if she might find it awkward or weird. What do you Reccomend? Also I want to know if I should visits her at her work ( a food place) more often like once every week or twice every week or longer?

1mo And I know her from school but I don't really see her often.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her if she wants to hang out like go to the movies or something. Then while you're hanging out ask her if she had a good time. If she says yes and blushes then she may like you. Then you can ask her if she wants to go out again. Dont rush things though because she may not like that. It varies depending on who the girl is so just keep your head up and wait awhile.

• 28d

"Wait awhile..." for what exactly?
      One thing we know is that girls/women know what they like and if he's what they like they are ready to go with him from the get-go. Waiting around is a waste of time for everybody involved.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're trying to make it too formal. If you have interest in her and would like to see her just say that. "I'm going to [such and such] on Friday night, wanna come along?"

Or how 'bout we meet for coffee, or a drink, and talk?

Be a man on a mission. Be going someplace, getting somewhere. Follow our interests with vigor, make something worthwhile of yourself. Girls love that shit.

What Girls Said 1

• You should ask her out as soon as possible. Tell her to hang out together and see where that will lead you.

What Guys Said 16

• How long should you wait? You should have asked her out 5 seconds after you knew you liked her. Life's too short, not asking... are only days that you could have been together.

If she doesn't feel the same... at least you aren't too far gone and could still be friends. I've seen it way to often where people have waited 5<10 years to say how they feel and it didn't work out. They then realize they've lost all that time waiting when they could have found someone else that does love them.

I think the biggest mistake in dating... is when people are too scared to tell them how they feel. I think most marriages end... because they finally open up and speak the truth... they got married before they ever really new the other person.

• Listen man have some chill. Keep talking to her but don't overthink it just chill. If you really like her keep hanging around her and if you get the vibe that she likes you too and she probably does then say. "Do you want to go get some Starbucks or something after work?" Or something like that or even going for a walk together. Just be yourself and don't overthink everything and if she likes you then great and if she doesn't then it sucks for her!

• Ask her out immediately. She has most likely already picked up on the vibe that you "like" her so if you dont step up and ask her out then you look like a pussy and like you have no self confidence. And thats a HUGE turnoff. And if she rejects you than brush it off and continue with your life.

DOnt put all your eggs in one basket. Thats why guys get so nervous becaue they only ask like 1 girl out every 3 months and then if she says no they are DEVASTATED and put all this pressure on themselves. But if you where asking like 3-5 girls out per week than it wouldn't bother you so much to hear a few no's.

Its a numbers game and the guys that are popular with chicks and get laid a lot... those guys ask for numbers from at least 10 chicks per week.

• I've done this several times. The last time I literally put my phone down on the counter when she was ringing up my food and said "give me your number" lol She of course said why? and I said, because you're cute and I'm going to take you out.

You don't have to go that far, its pretty simple though, just even say to her, so when are you free I'm going to take you out sometime. Just anything really. The sooner the better or it will get harder on yourself. You will keep building it up everytime you go in there and start saying, ahh I'll just ask her next time I see her.

• So you just know her because she works at the food place right? If so, just be upfront and honest. Tell her that you think she's pretty and find her interesting and you'd like to get to know her better. Just be like "hey I have to be honest, I think you're very pretty and interesting and I'd love to get to know you better. Can I have your number so we can set up a date?".

• Ask her out as friend at first; such as...
    "Hey, I'm going out to... want to come?"
    "I'm going to get some coffee, want to go with me?"
    Tae it slow at first or you will try to hard. After a few of these dates, than ask her out. Just make sure she does not have a boyfriend already.

• " I wanted to know how long should I wait to ask her out?"

ZERO SECONDS!!! Go for it before someone else does.

• Just do it, if you wait too much other guy may come and steal her from you. Take your chances and don't regret later. If you're still insecure to ask her for a date, call her to hang out first and see how things go, but do something!

• First dates are meant to be to know each other. That said, ask her out and you'll get to speak with her and know more about her and viceversa

• Ask her tomorrow there's no point of waiting any longer I wouldn't vist her at work to often unless your actually going for the food.

• why wait? if you like her just ask her out now else she may meet some one else while you are procrastinating. if you can't summon up the confidence then leave her alone as what you are suggesting is borderline stalking

• It's simple. Do whatever you want, when you want to.

• you dont have to wait at all, just walk in there and say hey would you want to go on a date with me.

• Ask to hang out first, and then do it.

• Good conversation is a minute or two long? lol

• Yeah It can feel like damned-if-you-do damned-if-you-don't