Why is it more socially acceptable for a girl to reject a guy based on height than it is for a guy to reject a girl based on weight?

I could never understand this blatant double standard. Height can not be changed while weight can be. How can women justify rejecting a guy based on something he can not change while shaming a guy for doing the same for something that the woman can change.

1mo I hope I did not offend with this question. I just found it quite strange.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why can't we just have our preferences? People get offended over everything. I get called a racist because I dont want to date outside my race. Which is stupid. I like tall men... that is my preference. If a guy doesn't want to date an overweight girl... DONT.

Those fat girl act like they can't just loose weight, but short guys have to work with what they got

@cchris999 Like I said.. no one is making you date a fat girl. If you dont want to... no one is forcing you. I prefer tall men. I am not going to apologize for wanting what I want.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it is. I think it's perfectly acceptable for someone to not date the other because they are chubby. You need to be physically attracted to the person your dating and I'm not attracted to chubby

• I think you can refuse whoever you want, doesn't matter what your reasons are. Everybody has prefences, some care about height and some about weight, neither one should be shameful.

• its ok to reject everyone. fat girls are not ok. short guys are not ok, but at least they smell nice down there versus a fat nasty vag

What Guys Said 9

• Because it is gind of ingrained in to us to see girls as the ones that choose the partner while the guys are the ones who enter the lottery.

• Is it? Well there's a much larger (😅) amount of overweight people so they may have a louder voice.

Plus a lot of people are sensitive about their weight. People know it's possible to lose weight so there's more of an emotional attachment to that possibility. Most short people have accepted their height and moved on so they probably tend to not feel as sensitive.

• In human sexual dimorphism, the male is larger than the female.

• Because we really live in a matriarchy women are really in charge. They just keep a guy up front so he can take the blame when shit goes wrong.

• Good question. Just another one of those gendered double standards that don't make any sense I guess

• Great question. ... these show their double standard... For sure

• LMAO its not if you are not fat yourself.

• Because in a gynocentric matriarchy we don't care about men's feelings and second men are inferior to women.

• For the same reason women are against escorts/prostitutes being legal. They don't want men to have any standards and they want to control dating/sex completely. It's like their only hold over men is sex.

Lmfao and prostitutes are up to your "standards"? Your argument makes no sense

@Puppylove94 Prostitutes make perfect sense. Women use sex as a doggy treat to condition men to behave, they use prospect of sex to get sexual favors, commitment from men. In fact hookup culture has undermine women's capabilities to get commitment and why many girls are discouraging women from hooking out as of late.

With prostitutes/escorts this power is subverted as men can get what they want without having to jump through the many hoops women place in front of men before they give them sex.

Guys should want a commitment too?
      I do t hook up with guys because sex is more important to me than that. I'm not guna have sex with some random person.. it's about being with someone you love. Not exercising your control over someone.