Girls, Is an older man who is handsome and successful more appealing to you than someone your own age?

I read this somewhere online and wondering if this accurate (paraphrasing):

A woman's mating or attraction preferences are:

(Top)
A proven, exceptional older man.
Fit , looks good, like say George Clooney but doesn’t have to be famous, is well travelled, successful, cultured, etc.

(Middle)
An unproven but promising younger man. Basically an attractive guy your own age who has his shit together and is going places.

(Bottom)
An unproven and unpromising younger man “creepy guy” or an ordinary, unexceptional) older man “dirty old man”

13

Most Helpful Girl

• hi and mmm, if you really are 42 i would love to hear your opinion of what you have experienced and seen amongst your circle of friends because for me personally and what I've witnessed despite any theories out there a soul often seems to go on in life with very similar behaviour patterns about partner choices. more often than not people with lets say a more kind of troubled turbulent relationship history will keep repeating the same match ups like its meant to be until the lesson is learned. as for the theory type thing in my mind i could sit and imagine the man but in all honesty its the easiest most compliant cop out scenario for myself and ill never go for that, it will always be someone who will challenge, annoy, change, evolve, drive me nuts, hurt me, basically anything that is flat line normal. a lot of people will choose this route in life and that is fair enough but I've come to understand I've taken the more challenging route my whole life and id rather be that way and at least be evolving and learning upto my death bed in fact than be dead in the water and just surviving... xx would love to hear your thoughts in depth about your own experiences xx

What Girls Said 12

• Personally, I do prefer a guy who is older, looks do not have anything to do with it, thats just a bonus on top of the required good personality. Does not need to be successful, but having his shit together is also a requirement. We do not want to have to pay for, cook for or clean up after a guy. Also like a guy who is active... like a jack of all trades, social, enjoys getting out and about..

• yup... why not?

• My preference is a guy around my age. So 20-28
    The only reason why I might go a little over that (to 32 maximum) is because they might be more mature.
    But in terms of looks and compatibility I prefer younger men.

• Ehh, not for me. I'd rather have someone my own age.

• It depends how much older he is than me. I don't exactly want a sugar daddy with one foot in the grave.

• Yes.

• I prefer the middle option. I would like to be able to grow along side this person. I want to travel and explore life with him.

• Not necessarily, my husband is handsome and successful and younger than me

• Definitely not. I prefer someone around my own age.

• Top or Middle

• Im going with middle... i don't need a creepy guy or a grandpa.

• Middle guy is most appealing to me but top guy sounds very sexy though