Have you ever been ghosted or ghosted anyone?

To the uninitiated
The term "ghosting" (sometimes known as the "slow fade") refers to the anecdotally pervasive act where one dater ends a relationship by simply disappearing. The ghost does not give an explanation of any sort, leaving the ghosted wondering where he or she went wrong.

I think it can be applied not only to online dating but also to online friendship...

So have you ever ghosted anyone in dating/friendship? Or have you been ghosted to?

Most Helpful Guy

• It happened to me when I was about 38. I really liked the lady and we were dating for about 2 months. She vanished from my life and didn't return phone calls anymore, etc. I did catch up with her and she was vague as to her "distance". I found out from a mutual friend that she had reconciled with a former boyfriend. Oh well, wasn't meant to be. LOL... The mutual friend told me I was better off. LOL...

She could've told you so... That she has reconciled with him

Yeah I wished that she did talk to me more about it. It really took me a long time to come to closure over it. I really liked the lady and for her to just vanish from my life hurt me a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I haven't done it but yes it's been done to me.. they left the country without informing me lmaoooo I literally kid you not.

Leaving the country without informing you? That's got to be a ghosting record! LOL

I did haha but at first it was just too shocking so had to laugh it off lol cuz I found out while I was waiting for him to come get me

LOL Well he might not be that bad of a guy... At least you laughed it off.

What Guys Said 19

• It happens all the time in online dating. I've been ghosted many a time and have even ghosted a few times myself but I try not to since I know how it feels. The worst is when things are going well and you are texting each other and then you ask her out to meet up in person and then suddenly silence. Also when I ghosted someone, a lot of times it's because I'm genuinely busy with other things and put the conversation on the back burner and by the time I get back to it, I feel like too much time has passed and feel awkward bringing the conversation back. I wonder if anyone else feels embarrassed like that and decides ghosting is a better option than admitting you forgot to text them back.

• Kind of. Was talking to this girl online. We met (shortly, before work) and discussed plans on when we could meet in full. Next day she calls in sick all of a sudden and starts chatting less (I assume she felt ill so didn't want to chat). So I gave her space and waited until she contacted me again herself.

She never did. And neither did I.

Ow sorry for that😞
      *Hugs*

Eh, nothing to be sorry about. If she ended it in this rude manner, then she wasn't worth it to begin with. Dodged a bullet there.

• I've never ghosted! But sadly I've had it happen to me for an entire year. Very very very painful at the time.

• I think it's justified if one is trying to escape an abusive situation, but in any other case it's cowardly and a cruel thing to do to your partner.

It happened to me once, done by someone I loved and who claimed to have feelings in return. I was a wreck for over a month on her account.

• I've ghosted an online ex, I tried to be friends but then she got feelings for someone else and I still had feelings for her and well I couldn't handle it so I kinda just disappeared.

Actually I ghosted my recent ex too, I tried to stay friends with her too but it didn't work out... I guess I'm not very good with ex's LOL

Lol that thing rarely works🙈
      Anyway, your reason to ghost them seems fair😀

• Yes.
    I was in a relationship with this guy, only for a little bit, and then he blocked my number and all my social medias and started dating someone new the next day.

• Yeah, twice, both times by black women. I have nothing against black women, I find many of them to be very attractive, but to just all of a sudden not answer any messages? I was a gentleman to both, the 2nd even kissed me goodbye.

• One girl who acted like she liked for months and went to a event with me completely dissapeared from my circles at school years ago.

• I've been ghosted, haven't done it myself

• Happens all the the nowadays. Im not even sure if people care for each other anymore.

• Yes sadly

• I have been ghosted a few times. It is quite the immature reaction from people who were insecure and afraid of developing any feelings with me.

• No. No NO

• Hope. Never done that and never will do. It's not right to hurt sometime that I feel.

• let's say i have been Casper my whole life :(

• yeah.. its happening to me right now and its bullshit but hey, nothing i can do about it

• Nope

• I am a ghost.

I got ghosted.

• Yes I have.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes. Sometimes you just dont want to offer an explanation to the guy especially if you just met them because they may get upset and say something rude to change your mind. Nope. I actually like this method better, just gettting ghost. Stoping all contact all together. Yes, it sounds harsh but life isn't fair. Its just how it is.

• Yeah hahahhaahahhahh he's on this site too 😂
    But we're friends again lol
    If you're reading this,---> 😚😍❤️

• It's happened to me, I'm pretty sure i've done it to people

• I've been ghosted before.

• Yes to the former, and possibly yes to the latter.

• I ghost people A LOT.

• Tbh I always ghost people

• I think I ghosted a lot of people... I should care more

• I've been ghosted by someone. But feel relieved coz i won't do relationship atm.

• I have. I did it for both of us.