Am I taking this too personally?

I just recently started dating a guy, and I feel that things have been pretty good. I visited him last week, and last night we made plans for him to come see me.

He likes to post memes on his FB page, and oftentimes makes snide remarks in each one. Well, yesterday, he posted a meme that said, "Whatever. I'll just date myself" And his comment was, "When you're tired of trying to date girls"

I took this personally, of course. We just started dating. Why would he post something like that if he's making plans with me?

Am I just overthinking this way too much and taking it out of proportion?

What Guys Said 3

• Hmm... So he posted that before he made plans to come see you?

If I read that correctly, I'd say that he was overthinking how you felt about him. Maybe he's a bit insecure and you took too long to respond to a text message or something.

Anyways, if you guys made plans for him to come see you after the fact it's probably ok. Keep in mind though, that screams insecurity, so be prepared to deal with that.

• As a general rule, never take a meme too seriously

• He might just be thinking of the past experiences he had with dating that didn't go so well

What Girls Said 2

• I can see why this might be offensive. But remember you JUST started dating so you guys have no real foundation yet. Maybe if it wasn't so new you might take it personally. Kind of like a hint things aren't working. Don't overthink it. He obviously has dated other girls and it hasn't worked out yet. You might be the one to change that feeling around for him! :)

• I don't know maybe brush it off for now see where it goes but protect your heart