Who do you think is more romantic when it comes to dating men or women?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually it's men. Women like to receive romance, but they rarely give it, unlike men who both like to give and receive.

What Girls Said 6

• Who do you think is more romantic when it comes to dating men or women?
    Women as I find guys generally forget romantic dates ie anniversaries, first kiss, first date, first song, etc.

I find guys only so romantic gestures as a way to get sex. Guys are rarely in my view wooing, planning dates, or giving gifts out of romance but to get sex from the gal or land a relationship where she is a steady sex supply. I imagine the vast majority of romantic gestures a guy would have never been done if a guy knew he could just say "let's have sex" and she's do so. To me doing a romantic gestures in order to get something is not genuinely romantic.

• I think it depends, but by in large, I think women tend to be more romantic, however when it comes to special occasion dates ( proposals, anniversaries, etc), men might just take the crown!!!

• definitely men

• Depends.

• depends really

• I don't like romantic guys

What Guys Said 16

• Men are more romantic because we have to be and that's the role. Very few women will try and "woo" you with dates and gifts and the like. They may do nice things for you and be active in the dating process, but I have yet to have a girl do a truly "romantic" gesture more than every blue moon or so.. just gender roles, and honestly they have no practice at it!

• I would think women

• Men because they have to be or they won't be dating anyone.

• depends, when it's someone's first relationship they tend to be romantic
    after that they don't give a fuck

• It's definitely varied in my experience. I've had some partners who were more romantic than me and some who were less. It's a personality thing--not a gender thing.

• Both can be.

• I haven't met too much romantic girls. Me personally i am very romantic but i have yet to find someone to return the favor.

• i think women are definitely more romantic

• Men are.

• Men, because we are forced to play the game or we don't get sex.

• Men because most women make no effort to be romantic and expect the man to do it. It's like they think men have no feelings or something.

• I never see women doing anything romantic.

Some women appreciate romance, though far less do then what you'd think.

I think I personally knew more men who liked the idea of being romantic than I did women who appreciated it, but maybe that was just my circle.

Most men I know stopped trying a long time ago, since they found it was bad.

• Men have to romanticize the woman to win her I thought.

• The answer obviously men. Men give romance and do most of the leg work for relationship/marriage. The only contribution from women is sex, and acting lovey dovey/kind to you FOR MOST RELATIONSHIP.

In fact if we do a history check. Most of the romantic novels, songs, gestures in history have been done by men not women. Men also have true 100% love when they actual do fall in love with women. While women often have conditional love, which often if you break one of these they leave you more often than not. Hence why a lot of women who say they "love" their husband leave them when they lose their job. Another instance we can see is how will actually self sacrifice themselve for their girl, while women will not. In fact in the theater shooting by the batman fan, most of the men shielded and protected women while no woman was willing to give up for a man.

In short men show romance and actually true love more often than not. While women own might appear more lovey but is more often than not more superficial and easily dissipated once you don't fulfill one of her many requirements.

• Men, near always. Especially since the norm now makes it "easier" for men to be romantic since we have more options on how to do it.

• Both can be