What was with this first kiss?

So I’ve been on 3 dates with this guy, so far everything’s great. We text everyday, he’s also super sweet and complimenting everything’s going really good. We had our third date the other night and went out for dinner, he was so sweet, said how happy he was to be there gave me all these compliments, locked down plans with me for the weekend, next week, and the week after that, even reached to hold my hand across the table briefly. At the end of the night when we were saying bye I went to hug him (thinking he wasn’t going to kiss me), I guess he tried cause as I was going in for the hug he caught the corner of my mouth, so when I pulled back from the hug I waited a few seconds for a “proper” first kiss and then he leaned in really fast, pecked me on the lips, stared at me for a few seconds and that was it. I was so thrown off. What gives? Since when is a first kiss ever a peck on the lips?

What Guys Said 1

• Botched.

Ask him for a re-do of the first kiss!

What Girls Said 1

• He probably didn't want to rush things, that's why he decided to peck you lightly on the lips.