She likes me but isn't ready for a relationship?

i met this girl in May of this year, we started messaging all day everyday, long phone calls and good laughs. Eventually we met and went on our first date, things where great and going well. We met more and went on more dates and I've been to her house (not slept over), she used today she wanted me to meet her family and now she doesn't ever speak like that. Then at some point she told me we are heading to a relationship and she doesn't want one in her life right now, she pulled back, doesn't speak as much and we only have met around 6 times and only ever got a cuddle (not that i was expecting more). Since she said this we have met twice, once at hers but she wouldn't let me hug her like we did last time and the other time we went out where she was linking me in a scary dungeon but then ignored me after it... she doesn't make the same effort to message me anymore and i still try, I'm not saying she doesn't speak but she's pulled off so much I'm confused... she said she can't imagine me not being in her life but then if i don't message we won't speak for days. She always brought up other guy friends which does bother me but i do understand she can have guy mates, but since she said she likes me but doesn't want a relationship she speaks to everyone more than me and i don't know what to do its been around 2 months since she's been like this and I've just been down and paranoid. It was all going well we really liked each other and now she's just changed and i don't want to lose her.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm in the same boat my guy. Dude's been playing me cause he's recently been through a bad breakup and all that crap. And I, being the professional dumbass bitch that I am, am falling for his ass. I hate myself sometimes

What Guys Said 2

• You don't want to lose her? There was never anything to lose. You are too avaliable, she is not physically attracted to you and sees you as a nice guy. You are starting to place her on a pedestal and she has not had to earn your respect, trust, attention or anything, it's all on a plate.

She is not that into you. The fact is, when a woman meets a guy she wants, nothing gets in the way, she wants to rip your clothing off and there will never be any bs ''I'm not ready for a relationship right now''. That's bs.

Men, far too many of you allow yourself to be treated like a doormat, you continue dishing out attention after a girl makes less or zero effort and you continue giving without any basis.

In the ops case, he has not demonstrated or even recognised his own worth or potential so why should she?

She brings up other guy friends which is disrespectful (given the fact she knows you like her).

My advice, get a backbone, stop chasing her, stop putting her on a pedestal and find something else to expend your energy on. This girl is a waste of time and does not see you as boyfriend material, just a backup option.

When a person keeps on showing you who they are, stop ignoring what they show you.

• I've been in a very similar situation where everything seems right, but there's a situation/timing issue that keeps you from being together. Now either she's been deceiving you somehow, or she's put up the barriers that she feels she needs to in order to not progress your relationship. My advice, make this girl less important in your life. Because unless she suddenly decides she wants a relationship with you, you're just going to get hurt. So focus on other things, maybe look for other girls, and only put in as much effort into your relationship as she does