Which dating site do you use?

Since online dating has became normal to go for meeting single adults, which one do you normally use that you take seriously and enjoy the most?

If you have a bf/gf from any of these sites, speak up and let us know what they did to get your attention.

Thanks!

• okcupid
  • match
  • eharmony
  • plenty of fish
  • Other (please specify in your oppinion)

Most Helpful Girl

• I like OKC and PoF about equally really. I like the way OKC is set up to see compatibility percentages, even if it doesn't always matter. I liked PoF because more people know about it and I like their profile setup for it's own reasons.

I met my current boyfriend in real life at a party/get together. We met as friends and hit it off pretty instantly. We're both pretty jaded so we actually hadn't planned to date... two weeks after meeting we went to a concert 'as friends' but by the end of it we were definitely interested in each other. We talked about our dating life over fusion tacos and how we both had OKC and he went to look up my sn... when he found it... there was already a star favoriting me.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 21

• Im on POF. But its the same men on all the dating sites just looking to have a friend with benefit type of relationship. Im not looking for a relationship, I just get on there for convo here and there. a lot of men on these dating sites have gfs and wives and just looking for something on the side. I generally can tell within a few days if a guy is married or have a girlfriend

• Badoo, @snowboarder720.
    I have Used this Dating Site for nearly 7 years now, and although I had Met a Man on FaceBook, and had Traveled out to Egypt to Marry him, Now that We are Estranged, I continue to Utilize Badoo, for Dates, Sometimes Mates.
    Good luck and Great question and "You're Welcome."xx

• I've been using POF. Getting attention is kind of hit or miss. I send out messages but rarely get replies. I find people are more receptive to replying to your messages if you both selected each other on meet me.

I've used OKC in the past, and haven't had much luck on there. I haven't tried Tinder. I would like to try match or e harmony but I have heard it's not worth it.

I'm eager to see everyone's replies as I need some new avenues to meet people.

• I met my boyfriend two years ago on OKCupid. I really don't understand the stigma with online dating. I've seen pople get snooty when you decide to sit next to them on the damned train, they're so unfriendly.

I'm not saying one or the other is better, but shaming online dating is like slut shaming: what's the fucking point besides sounding like some spurned prick?

I wonder what people did before the internet.. oh, that's right, they went out

• 22d

I think online dating has a stereotypical thinking of not being old fashioned. It's a little more comfortable just... randomly meeting someone in person than having to go to a computer to talk with everybody.

• 22d

I agree its just not always practically the nearest one to me i know of is 1 1/2 hours drive away!

• I went out with maybe 60 guys from OK Cupid and actually managed to have a few relationships.

I had no luck at all with the others.

• None. Meeting people in person is best in my opinion

• 22d

Eh, it can be. However, when you're too busy and caught up in life to 'go out', it's convenient to just talk over a computer.

• 22d

Oh believe me, I'm busy. 18 units for school, work, gym 4x a week, and volunteer

• 16d

I have a few friends who can handle that and still not manage to go out. They are engineers. They NEVER leave their study building, unless for food. That's it haha!

• I've actually met a few really decent guys from pof

• I would not recommend Plenty of Fish, because unlike Tinder ugly guys can message you all day every day and you usually have to read all their messages so it stops showing you notifications. It's super annoying if you don't want unattractive guys messaging you everyday!

• 22d

Lol or you can just ignore them! But that's definitely a positive part of Tinder, I agree. The only downfall is that most of the men on Tinder don't go very deep and are usually corrupted perverts just looking to get one in. Pass.

• none

• Ugh OkCupid is the worst. I've never had so many creepy/rude/dick pick messages in my LIFE. It was terrible. POF gave me better results, people seemed more normal there. Even Tinder was better than OKC. As long as you state that you're not looking for a hookup.

I've had the same experience with OKC! I don't know why either! So Tinder really can be used as a dating resource and not just a hook up place? I have been wary to try it because I want a relationship and hooking up is just not my thing.

• 29d

@Darkfairie17 Glad I'm not the only one! Well tinder can be a lot of that, but if you specifically put "NOT interested in hookups" then those guys mostly stay away. Then if you stick to your guns it actually works well! I've met a few good ones!

• 29d

Thanks for the reply! I might have to try Tinder. I find POF to not be that great anymore. I used to have lots of luck, and at least have a few conversations. But now people don't even respond to any messages. It's very disappointing :(

• None, i'd much rather meet someone face to face. Im observant so seeing their body language toward me is key.

Right? I mean, you just never know who's behind that computer screen

@thissiteisforpervs Thats kinda fucked up

I turned her down

• I used tinder for a bit. But thats what most people my age use here, other sites are for an older crowd.

• I've never used any of these and I'll never use them

• i met my ex on 2ch tanuki

• None most people think I'm a catfish anyway

• I'm on tinder and bumble

• POF has the ugliest and most boring locals. But it's where you can find guys who want a relationship

• (other)
    This site it seems. Guys hit on you :/

Your right, but i wouldn't use this as a dating site haha

• 22d

I agree with Mermaid. I wouldn't consider this a dating site. Let alone everyone here is all over the globe.

• None lol

• I have no need for one.

• met ex. husband from match from years ago. he was instantly attracted. share lots of common interest. eventually got married.
    back then, people wrote letters, everyone was looking for a match for serious relationships.
    went back and forth with long letters. then met and it was over lol... started to see ea. other daily.
    tried POF. years after marriage broke up... well.. what a world of difference. its all about hook ups and other negative aspects of dating.
    last guy was decent. we chatted and met up a week later. date almost 2 years. was seriuos but didn't work out.

What Guys Said 38

• I've been using Coffee Meets Bagel to a good amount of success. About to have my third date with a girl from there. I've used other sites too including Match, tinder, pof, and okcupid. Okcupid has my favorite interface but since it is a well known free site, there is a much larger range of people on it which can be either a good or bad thing. In my cases, mostly bad haha. Also, just wanted to add that it is important to not put all your options in online dating. Allow yourself to meet people in real life the natural way and use online dating in addition to help your search.

• I actually meet my girlfriend on POF and we're adorable and she says we're lucky to have found each other, and I agree.

• None. They're pointless if you don't have great pictures that show you as the center of a group. The people I hang out with don't take pictures. So that settles that.

I have this problem too. I just don't have a full-length mirror where I am right now. I have only 1 full body pic but it's a clear picture of my body and I suck at taking photos. I don't hang with many people who take photos. So it's frustrating. I've had a few guys comment saying they thought I was super self-conscious because I didn't have a bunch of photos of me out and about. Well when I am out and about I am busy and not really focussed on snapping pics of everything I do. Not every has friends they can get to take pics of them.

• I had OKC and PoF installed on my tablet. I got fed up with the crap matches and fake profiles so I deleted both this week.

• I used to use Okcupid.

Met someone on there, engaged in a flowing conversation, but never met.

We occasionally comment on each other's instagrams which leads to quick messages, but nothing ever happens. Tried to meet up once, nothing happened.

Meh, I closed my account 'cause having it just stressed me out/bored me.

• I don't use dating sites. It's not "love." You only pick a person based on their appearance in most cases of online dating.

• 22d

It's not meant to be "love" at first. I mean, half of their pics are photoshopped anyway.

• OKCupid, is the most feature-rich free dating website out there.

• None.

Fuck online dating, though maybe if I'm single when I'm 35 I'll go on it to troll gold diggers.

• Teachers gone wild

• Tried all of the free ones plus bumble, tinder, and badoo. No luck what so ever accept an almost date who originally said yes but changed her mind at the last minute and strung me along for another two weeks before i got tired and asked her what she wanted in a guy and she got all defensive so i broke contact. Pretty much a miracle needs to happen for me to get a girlfriend.

I tried everything short of arranged marriage and mail order bride. Both of which i will never do.

• 22d

So you're off to a bad start. You're 25 years young. Life is short, enjoy your freedom while it lasts. With the attitude of 'a miracle', I wouldn't want to go out with you either. Grow some confidence and learn to be persistent. Ladies dig that.

• OKCupid was the only one that yielded results. Not much, but did get at least a date from it as opposed to PoF and Tinder.

• Bars and Tinder

• I'm not really active on any dating sites... I have some apps installed but not really using them. I tried out POF and OkCupid but there are barely any people in my region using it. Lovoo, Badoo or Tinder are better

• Tried all of them with failure

• i'm trying Zoosk right now it's ok but you can't really do much because most of the good features you have to pay for.

• When I was single I used OKC, POF and Tinder.

• I don't use any dating websites.

• POF but hardly ever meet any interesting women on there..

• none.. i gave up

• 22d

Well I'm not surprised with that attitude. You think a successful relationship comes easy as falling on your lap? Persistence, kid.

• A lot of people want to use this website as a dating site it seems.

• I'm on eHarmony because I got tired of the free ones.

• 29d

Do you find EHarmony to be better? I'm considering trying it because I'm having no luck on the free sites.

• 25d

@Darkfairie17 People like that aren't worth wasting time on. I hate getting responses like that as well and eventually will lose interest. I know some people that would rather just jump to the meeting, I would rather get to know someone before meeting them, that way you already have an idea of commonalities and things to talk about.

• 22d

I totally agree with you. I would much rather get to know them a bit before we meet. I know that might seem like a waste of time to some. But part of the reason I do this is security. I'm meeting a stranger, I would like to at least know a little bit about them before meeting. I could randomly meet people blind without knowing anything about them. But I feel a bit more comfortable knowing something about them first. Plus after talking back and forth you get an idea as to how they are. It helps you weed through those people who don't really give you much to talk about.

• I use OkCupid, Bumble, and Tinder.

• lol online dating only works for the 5% of men women find attractive enough and for any woman... after she rejects the first 6-7000 insisting SHE shouldn't settle while guys that dare to do so are shallow pigs

• It's called "Real Life" and it involves actually getting out there.

• 22d

Well "Real Life" doesn't cope with everyone's schedule to go out and meet random people. The convenience of it is the whole reason why it's there.

• I've used Okc in the past, and had good results, tried a couple others, the only one that even came close was squirt.

• I don't use any dating sites

• G@G.. 😂

• None.

• None of them. I'm not interested in dating.

• I stopped using them since I got scammed and extorted by them.

• More from Guys
    8