What is the deal with spooning?

Ok so when we are in bed my boyfriend likes to spoon me and it seems to be a really popular thing but I don't get it. Why is it so good? Neither of us has eye contact etc so it seems a bit disconnected to me. Can someone explain why people rave about it?

What Guys Said 2

• The guy gets to hump something during his sleep.. boners are a certainty during sleep haha

• It's a very comfortable and intimate position in my opinion. If he wraps his arm around your stomach you can hold his hand so it doesn't feel so disconnected or vice versa if you're the big spoon. Your heads are also very close to each other so you can whisper and hear each other just fine. And just feeling their body inflate and deflate when they breathe is soothing.

What Girls Said 1

• The girl feels protected and safe. The guy may feel like he is protecting her and comforting her. Otherwise, it is comfortable and relaxing.