How do you know that you've met the one?

I've never had a boyfriend. I'm twenty, nearly twenty one, and I've never even been on a first date.
How do you know when you've met the person you're meant to be with?
I'm feeling sort of down because I've never been on a date or had a boyfriend, so I'm just wondering how you're meant to know, haha.
Thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think it's magic. I mean movies like to portray that it is because I think that it's more exciting to people than the idea that a successful relationship is about work and commitment. If you go into relationships waiting for that spark to go off, you're going to be waiting for a long time or you're going to leave disappointed. At some point, you realize that there is no spark, but rather a campfire that both you constantly tend to. Of course, doing that can be really boring and doesn't make much of a story to tell, so I can see why it doesn't make it into any movie scripts.

What Girls Said 1

• There is no such thing as "the one".