How can I get him to say yes to a title?

There's this guy let's call him John, I've known him since I was 7 years old as we went to the same school, but at age 10 he left the school as his dad got really sick and then passed away when he was 11. We lost contact but his mom and my dad's cousin are close so we'd always hear about him this year we ran into each other in June and we hit it off and have spoken every single day since then and I kinda fell in love with him... he became my world. I told him I loved him and he said he loves me too but he's been hurt in the past. His ex cheated on him so he's scared of relationships but the thing is they didn't date for that long and like I came out of a 3 year relationship and I feel like I'm ready to be with someone. He says we are together and we are loyal to each other but he doesn't want a title... but there's times when he refers to me as his girlfriend and our outings as dates. Recently we just made up from a big fight and last night as I was dozing off on the phone he mentioned thinking I was asleep that he is in love with me and he feels like I was put into his life for a reason and that he has this need to protect and care for me hence why we can't be official because he wants to protect me from himself. I really do care for him and love him so much, it's hasn't been years but I feel like I'm ready for the next step but I just want him to say yes... how do I do that?

What Guys Said 1

• You don't need to ask us how to manipulate men, ever girl is born with that ability

I don't want to manipulate him I just want him to take us seriously...

Look up the definition of manipulate

What Girls Said 1

• You can't make him change his mind about something like that. You either need to be patient with him, or you end it. There is no other choice.