Girls, is a guy holding a steady job enough for you or do you want him to get more in his professional life?

Where he makes enough to live life comfortably and has time for fun on the side.

is that enough for you or do you want a guy who wants more then that in life?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's "enough" but I admire a man who constantly sets goals and tries to achieve them. I would hope that he was continuously trying to improve where he was and be better and move up. A steady job and a comfortable life is always a good thing and I would never reject or be unhappy about that, but you can't stay in the same place forever. LOL honestly the only time I can think of something like that being totally ok is if dude is an accountant. Steady job, always a demand, not really that much opportunity for advancement because you can literally just do everyone's taxes for the rest of your life and be good.

But if he was happy with where he was and didn't want to go anywhere else, would you accept that?

It honestly would depend on where he was. If like you said he can live comfortably and also have enough spending money to have fun on the side and take nice vacations and eat nice things, then that's fine. Again, I would PREFER someone who tries to continuously improve, but if our life is good I would accept it, yes.

Thanks for MH :)

Most Helpful Guy

• How much money matters depends on the particular girl. I've even heard horor stories of girls that act really into a guy and get back to the guys own house that he owns flat out and start complaining about how he doesn't own enough material things (i. e. furniture and electronics) in his own house and then having to tell the rude ass gold digger to get out.

What Girls Said 25

• What I want and what I will accept are difficult things...

Naturally, I would like a nice, tall, brown-haired guy with a good physique, a job, car, house, and his shit together.

Is that always going to happen? No. Because this is the real world. This isn't TV Land where everything is perfect...

If I can see that he is aspiring to do more than be a bum for the rest of his life, I will allow it. That includes getting a job, saving money, trying to do as much of it independently as possible. I have dated quite a few guys that still live with their parents. The ones living on their own weren't necessarily more mature... just better with money 😕

• Well, he left a management position to take a hard labor job, and he's making double the money now.
    I still make more than he does per hour, and I'm just fine with that because he's not lazy.
    I'd prefer he's making enough to get by, with a bit of a cushion, and not working so much that we never have time together.

• If he's in a good place, I'm not gonna force him to do something he isn't interested in just for the money. However, if he's wasting time (years and years) at a job he hates (even if it pays well) I'd want him to go where he finds joy and good company (even if it paid less, but awesome if it paid more)

• That'd be fine.

• I don't care as long as he's past his student years and can hold down a job. As long as I don't need to take care of him financially its all good.

• My boyfriend is a personal trainer. He's been one for the last 5 years. Is it steady? Meh only if the clients keep coming which is becoming more and more harder.
    But he also went to school for architecture. He's hoping to eventually get into the field.
    I personally don't care if he has a "stable" job as long as he is happy with what he is doing.

• A steady job that exhibits ambition is best.
    However - a steady job is necessary for survival - no matter how dead-end it might be. So it's all good, but, as anyone knows, some jobs are better and more respected than others.

• if its a sustainable job then that sounds great. If not, I'd hope he would want to find a job with security and even the possibility for advancement.

• As long as he's not depending on me, that's fine.

• It’s not about how much his income is, but rather that he has the drive to do something in life. There’s nothing wrong with working at a fast food restaurant for example, but a man who is comfortable working there for the rest of his life and is not interested in challenging or pushing himself to further his education/career is probably not a man I’d be interested in personally.

But what if he was really happy with where he was in life, is that not enough for you?

When did I say that lol

Well his happiness is clearly not enough for you...

• I don't know that I can give you a clear cut answer. I respect and expect any man I'm with to be a hard worker and someone who always wants to improve and doesn't give up. I expect the same from myself.

• If he is happy and can survive on his income then that's fine

• I don't mind what a guy does for a job, I also don't mind how much he makes because I'll be making my own money which might be a lot because of the field I wanna get into lol, after I'm done college

• I want him to do whatever makes him happy. Life is too short. As long as he's motivated to be successful and focuses on doing what he LOVES then I'm happy too.

• that's enough

• I heard on t. v. that a good relationship has 5 good points for every 1 bad point so I will date a guy without a lot of money if he has other redeeming qualities - a guy has to have a certain number of good qualities before I will date him - whether it is having a good career or good looks or humble personality or good social skills etc... I usually need a combination of things to be interested in somebody though

So money is a factor for you though?

How important would money be on your list? Does it outrank other things? Like personality?

I want to maintain a decent and healthy lifestyle. If he was working part time and making minimum wage we would be below the poverty line so money would be very important. But if he isn't in the poverty line I don't care too much whether we are middle class or extremely rich.

• If we're living comfortably and are able to spend time together, take vacations and he spends time with the kids then I'm happy

• gotta want more
    always new goals and stay motivated

• i don't care about his job

• As long as he's happy & can support his life style I'm fine with it.

• If Im in love it is enough but when a oportunity comes that he can do I would want him to take it.

What if he is happy with where he is and stays there? Would that upset you?

haha sorry about my English in the first sentence!

If he has a stable job and makes good money to support the family then I think that is enough because I wouldn't want my husband away all the time.

• That's fine. But he needs to have a lot more than a steady job (emotionally and intellectually) to keep me.

• Yes, comfortable is good.

• Enough to live comfortably and has time for fun is great!

• Long as he's not struggling to get by, it's fine.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on the girl themselves how they feel about how ambitious a guy is - Seriously if a girl started judging me like that, I would be gone.

• I think its relative to what she makes.

• She wants him to have more power by trying and at least being a manager or supervisor. They also want him to have a thicker wallet women are in love with Banjamin Franklin he is the hottest.