Should I listen to my gut/GAGers or my best friend since Kindergarten?

I previously posted a question about asking someone out, and I've decided to ask them out today in the way I've been suggested by you men (thanks for your help btw). However, my best friend since Kindergarten doesn't think I should do it and is convinced he only thinks of me as a friend despite everything I've told her about him and me. She really believes that I'm making a mistake and that I'll just make a fool out of myself. I've been pretty confident about this, but I don't know now... I don't want to be rejected and humiliated. I'm also suddenly anxious about asking him out because my friend warned me about this jerk I was close with before and I didn't listen. I don't want this to be like an "i told you so" situation again, or else I feel like it will affect her and my friendship. Yet, I don't want to do nothing and wait for something to happen with this guy. Also, at the moment, I feel like he thinks I'm not interested in him because he always asks me to "come over" to his workplace or house and I always decline - only because it's always a bad time. I want to ask him out... But what if my best friend is right? I don't know what to do.

• Listen to your bestie; don't ask this guy out
  • Listen to your GAG friends/gut; ask this guy out today
1mo Please see latest q

Most Helpful Guy

• Always listen to your gut on matters of the heart :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you never ask you'll never know

What Guys Said 5

• You're still struggling to actually figure out what he thinks of you, your long-term best friend doesn't know herself and neither do we, the people online. This is for you to figure out, and the only way you can figure this out is one of two ways:
    -Hope that he announces his feelings for you yourself or,
    -Ask him yourself.

The second option will get you results much quicker, whereas the first option relies upon you being patient and risking another woman coming around who will then ask him out first. I've read about this happening to other women, and they regretted it afterwards. There can be disappointment with either option but at least you can say that you will have tried. Your best friend clearly cares about your feelings but she's basically telling you to be afraid and to just sit in silence. For all you know, he might be too anxious to ask you out as well. Men risk the same humiliation and embarrassment when asking somebody out.

If he rejects the idea of dating, then what's the worst that can happen? It might be awkward at first but if he just wants to remain as friends then I'm sure he isn't going to abandon the friendship just because you asked him out. This has never been my experience, at least. Both in being rejected in the past (friend-zoned?) and me rejecting people. You two clearly spend time together so he does enjoy your company at the very least.

• ask him out girl! if he has asked you to come to his place then chances are high that he might be interested in you too.. you'll never know if you won't ask! and by looking at your profile picture you look quite pretty (9 or maybe 10/10 i guess) be confident! and think of the positives, who knows you might end up in a great relationship!

• I like to look at it like this if you never ask him out you may never know if he likes you and you will just wonder what would've happened. Your friend should understand that you need to know for sure and you should ask him out.

• You should just listen to me, sugar

• Listen to your gut and your best friend. People on here are not a part of your life.

But my gut tells me to do it while my best friend tells me not to

What Girls Said 3

• Could you post the link to that other question. I think I need to read it first before I can give you an accurate answer

• Do u have a link of the previous question?

• Guts may be wrong, same as your friend. I say listen to your friend.