Would you date someone with anxiety?

If they have anxiety and:
-sometimes start crying for no reason because they are overwhelmed
-they are irritated
-they are very emotional
-they take medication for anxiety
-they need you there for them, that means sleepless nights

But they love you and would do anything for you.

• Yes
  • No
  • Hell no

Most Helpful Guy

• No one is perfect. My girlfriend has an anxiety disorder, but it isn't a hassle. She just needs space on occasion.

What Guys Said 28

• Of course I would. If I loved them a few sleepless nights to hold them through an anxiety attack is nothing.

• Having anxiety would be no reason to not date someone. It is something they can't help and it's better to be like that than to be super laid back and not care or have the will to do anything with your life

• I do feel for someone with those issues and I understand that some people have this to deal with and need medication. However, as described above, I would not date someone like this. I really can't handle sleepless nights, and I don't have co-dependency needs. So being needed like that and conversely, someone who would do anything for me, doesn't really float my boat. LOL...

• No one is born with anxiety so why judge someone over a condition and it's getting more common in today's society

• Of course I ain't perfect either.

• I get it but not to that extreme, so finding someone similar and going through it with them would make us stronger and better at coping with it.

• Yes I just wanna love them to death and be there for all that hardship. If you love me I'll do anything to love you even more ❤️

• If it can be taken under control, then absolutely! I understand we all have bad moments, but to have it constantly is something that I'm not sure I can tolerate. I prefer more of a peaceful life if I can help it.

I'm willing to work with her to get her better. But if it's too much, then I don't know if it will work.

• How would they love me if we're not dating? XD

• Yes, if I truly loved them. No ones perfect and I'd rather be there for someone that needs me then to just walk away.

• As long as she's not freaking out taking her anger out on me I'm happy lol.

• before my ex-gf cheated on me, got pg by another guy, & got bad into mushrooms I use to take care of her pdst. She'd have horrible night terrors & would swing in her sleep accidently hitting me sometimes. She'd feel bad & say sorry, I'd just look at her put my arms around her so her arms weren't free & say shh it's ok go to sleep.

• Yes, i would date a girl with anxiety. I dated girls with worst mental health
    disorders so that wouldn't be a problem..

• think u just described a female... lol

• Sounds pretty severe, especially if he's on meds. I think he's not telling you everything. So, no. You'll be sorry. Unless you're deeply in love.

• Sure why not, anxiety does not define a person.

• That's no problem at all. It might sound weird, but I actually like feeling needed.

• Yes i would.

• Yes I dated a girl like that, and I made her stop taking medicines too. I am very great at mental strength and like helping people around me overcome such problems.

• No, I wouldn't. There are issues everyone have, but I don't date anyone with a defeatist attitude.

what if they are working hard on it?

Then that girl would need to be otherwise perfect in all other aspects for me to consider.

okay.

• I wouldn't date anyone regardless of whether or not they have anxiety.

• Yes and I would take very good care of her

• So long as they wouldn't stop working on improving.

• People change once they become comfortable. Also they change as they get older.

• I have anxiety so it wouldn't bother me.

• yes I would help her to get over it

• Only if she obeys my every command.

• Yes to all except

"they need you there for them, that means sleepless nights"

That seems a bit too needy, I will be there for them, but maybe not 24/7.

You have to find ways to calm yourself down, not rely on others

What Girls Said 12

• My friend is like that with the exception of taking medicine. She is a devoted friend, but her emotional outbursts can be a bit overwhelming to say the least despite the fact that I hardly see her. If I had to date someone like that, initially it would be refreshing to have my boyfriend completely emotionally vulnerable to me. However, it would probably become emotionally taxing on me. I wouldn't know how handle it on a consistent basis; someone who was consistently lacking confidence and backbone. I would have to say no, but it comes with moderation. Partnership requires some level of vulnerability, but don't overwhelm the other person; you need to know how to also be strong for your partner and for yourself. Both parties need to depend on each other; one person cannot always be weak.

And let me say for the record, I am a very emotionally charged person; most of the things listed above talks about me so I know what I am talking about.

• Yup. I have anxiety so I know what it's like. It's not the persons fault.

• No. I have anxiety and I'm probably not going to ever want to date someone else with it because then I'm juggling their mental health and my own and I can't handle that.

I wouldn't have guessed you have anxiety from your posts; just goes to show that the Internet doesn't show everything.

• If you truly love someone, you will be understanding towards them. I'm slightly towards anxiety side, gets worked up on certain things and vent onto my boyfriend, but he chooses to understand me and not bear a grudge in his heart (though I feel bad afterwards and apologise to him all the time, but now slightly lesser because I make an effort to control my emotions more now)

• If you stay with that anxious person and don't bend to accomodate their insecurities, soon they are so triggered they are out of their minds and trying to control you, since they feel so out of control. I won't be with someone who is always having some crisis and you have to walk on eggshells.

• yes sounds like me lol but yeah why not

• I have severe social anxiety and cannot leave the house most days. However, NOT everyone has those exact 'symptoms' you have posted up there. Please don't assume everybody who has anxiety is the same, because we are not.

No I'm not saying that we are all the same. I was just naming my symptoms :)

• As long as they are proactively getting treatment for it and working on their triggers

• I think I'd try to make it work. Luckily, I don't have to go through that.

• Yes! i have anxiety so i would definitely date a guy with it!

• Anxiety is normal.

• I also have anxiety but if he's around me, then he would be confident because I have the worst anxiety ever.