He wants to be just friends but I don't agree, help please?

What I mean by this is, I understand and respect his reasoning for not wanting to date but I don't 100% agree. We are coworkers so I completely get why it could cause drama, but there's other ways to look at it that I don't know if he sees. I don't want to push the subject I just wanna leave it at our last talk on the topic. Do you think down the road it would be safe to open up the subject if we've become good friends? I really like him and feel as if he's too good of a guy to let go.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just make yourself available without being clingy, that way when he is on a dry spell or got out of a relationship he knows you exist and you're on his life. You may not like being his #2 choice, but you're not his #1 and if you don't wanna give him up that's the best you can do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would leave it for now if you keep asking him he is going to get irriated. just see how things go and maybe down the road bring it up again and tell him your side of it and if he still doesn't think its a good idea then leave it. You can't force someone to be in a relationship, it wouldn't really be a good relationship knowing the other person doesn't want it. If he hints at it down the road then bring up the conversation you guys had now then. He could be afraid of runing the friendship so just give it time and see if things change.

What Guys Said 1

• Nope it was a rejection. He isn't interested

What Girls Said 1

• He isn't interested let it go. If someone is interested they will take the risks, even a job.

That's the thing I'm confused about though. I asked him, was the only reason you said no because of work and he said yeah. That sort of made me think he could be. I really have no idea...