The notebook vs reality?

I watched part of the notebook today and got to thinking about how popular this movie was/is. It got me thinking how many people just long to be in a relationship with the same person for the rest of their life, which is why I believe this movie is so popular. Anyways, what do you guys think about this and how this rarely seems to happen?

What Girls Said 2

• hi, and mmm im interested to know why only a part of it and upto what part? I've seen it and from my memory of it the love story of the older person was relevant to the younger couple and how it influenced their story, although I've had three ltr in my life starting at 11 and marrying him at 18 and then another who fathered my children i knew from 15 and was with him for 13 years and in my forties had a turbulent two and half year ltr all of them are truly special and have a feeling of eternity even beyond this world in a spiritual sense... i think humans are capable of monogamy even if more than once in a lifetime but possible to work and commit to a lifetime sense. in school we only educate our children with a basic sexual education at best which is truly shocking and totally outdated, along with a basic contraception aspect. how the hell do we not still try to educate our young about relationships and general interaction and how to resolve issues and communicate? we teach them about how to make a baby right the pure facts and thats it, wtf, its no wonder the world is fucked up... and yes you are right all the movies with the ideal dream of love and hope appeal and why because ultimately they are appealing and why could it be it is in us all to achieve this? without the social restraints of marriage and shame of separation and religious order we are a worldly social group of humans free and lost and really doing a terrible job in my opinion, me included, we are like totally free and lost and somehow we have to appreciate we have a responsibility to the future of mankind in how we go on from here? any ideas? xx

You have it wrong, the older couple was the younger couple.

I've seen the entire movie probably a couple times, but I only watched like the last hour of it tonight.

• It happens but yeah it's not that common anymore

What Guys Said 1

• I've never seen the movie "The notebook", but I can assure you that's it's very different than reality. Maybe a small percentage will experience what happened to the notebook than in real life