Guys! Do you prefer your girlfriend to do pole dancing or MMA + yoga?

My boyfriend was talking to me and he said how a lot of his friends are doing pole dancing to get in shape and that I should try it out.
I don't know why but I felt so pissed off cos I don't like being the same as everyone else. I still have a few pounds to lose to be in the best shape but I do mma and yoga almost everyday and my flexibility is pretty good.
I was upset that he was trying to compare me to everyone and telling me to do what other people are doing.
What do you reckon

Most Helpful Guy

• MMA forsure. That would be hot. I was a wrestler in high school and loved it. I would of played for college but I went military. Couple of weeks ago I went to an MMA gym with my friend and it was a lot of fun. It's a hell of a sport and takes a lot out of you though. Be prepared to get fucked and feel like you are dying half of the time.

What Guys Said 21

• I think you should do all of the above.

I completely understand how you feel because of how he suggested pole dancing to you.
    If I was him in that situation I would have suggested to you "I hear a lot of my friends are doing pole dancing classes now, and I thought that this might help you get in shape like you wanted to do and also spice things up for us in the bedroom."
    That way it's not about doing what his friends are doing but make it all about you guys as a couple. And the fact that his friends are doing it is more just about how it came from a friend and not about being like them.

• Well the flexibility gained from either one is really sexy but MMA and yoga sounds cooler/classier than pole dancing.

• For one, pole dancing is trashy. You're not a stripper, I presume.
    For two, yoga has a sort of strange beauty to it, and MMA/boxing/kickboxing is very nice. It builds muscle, and it's very nice knowing that if you ever got in trouble, your girl could physically take care of herself.

• Whatever she likes.

• It's as equal as important stretching than training strength. Yoga only trains the first, where pole only the second.

journals.lww.com/.../...ise_for_Developing.26.aspx

• I really do not like MMA because how a lot of people who teach it, do not understand how to teach martial arts correctly. I suggest learning the different styles separately and then mix them together. Most MMA instructors try to combine too much too early.

• MMA is a good thing, because I would like her to be able to defend herself. One less thing I have to worry about.

• Whichever she enjoys! Both will get you into amazing shape!

• All at the same time :)

• both fine, whatever she likes doing more. but I think you're overreacting

• Pole dancing is cool you can show off your moves in the bedroom

• mma + yoga

• MMA Pole dancing.

• i would rather her know how to protect herself and do what she would like to do in that respect.

• MMA + Yoga

• MMA, a women who can kickass, makes me want to kiss hers.

• Yoga is actually pretty cool to me. So yeah i would like to be with someone like that.

• Pole dancing and yoga.

• Mma I hold 2 black belts so I would find it more interesting

• MMA + yoga

• Pole dancing lol

What Girls Said 3

• Guys friends doing pole dancing?
    It can be good to mix up your workouts but if you aren't interested in pole dancing, Stay with what you know and enjoy.

• I used to do Ju Jitsu, if I wanted to get back into it my boyfriend would be supportive. As for pole dancing he probably would feel a little uncomfortable with that idea.

• If you're interested in it, I think it can be a good work out, but if you're not, then what's the point?
    I think he was just selfish suggesting that