Why do some woman get mad at older men dating younger woman?

Seriously, I've noticed this. Whenever there is an article or something about a man in his 50s dating a hot young 20 year old, some woman get really triggered by it. They call the guy names and say he's disgusting. Its like how dare he date someone that is half his age.
Guys dont seem to care as much, they are like more power to them.

Why is this, why are some people really bothered by it?

Most Helpful Girl

• What I'm wondering is, why are some people ok with it?

I mean come on, it IS weird. Most people inherently understand that and have an aversion to relationships were one partners is literally twice the age of the other. It's not how it's meant. It has never been the norm.

I think people by implied fertility much more than by actual age. If you still look young when your 40, people overall would judge a lot less for being with someone who also looks young. Like if Ashton Kutcher who is almost 40 was dating someone in their 20s, most people probably wouldn't think much of it

images6.fanpop.com/.../...nch-39869972-600-898.jpg

But if you see people like this you wouldn't think "Oh what a nice couple" you'd think "How nice that she is taking her grandfather out for dinner "
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...64884d5122.jpg

When two people are together essentially to make babies it's weird to take someone in their prime and match them up with someone who is clearly years past it

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it sick that so many people here seem to be so anal about older guys being with younger girls. It's no different than an older girl being with a younger guy. My mom is 53 now and my dad was recently 89. When they got married he was well over twice her age. Their relationship was no different than any other persons. It was the same love. Age is nothing more than a mere number. But yet people are so quick to judge. If she is happy with him and he is happy with her then let it be. It's really none of your business

What Girls Said 9

• Because that can be your kid. There's an older lady at my job and she doesn't just give men shit for that, other women too. her sister is like 40something and she'll tell her to stop lusting over like 20 something year olds.

It's just that it seems wrong and exploitative to go after someone where the age gap is more than the years they've been on earth.

AndI'm sorry I'm old fashioned and think long term. I don't want my man dying when I'm only like 40 or 50. why the hell would someone near my age date someone not that far from retirement? Like I said, I don't want my partner dying when I'm barely hitting menopause or something.

• I couldn't care about the guy there's always sugar daddies and kudos to them. But it's the girl I get triggered on, how can you live with yourself.

• Oh please most of us don't give a crap. A lot of women are dating younger men.

• It's usually the other women who have a problem. It's because they're jealous fucks

• because its grosss ewwww

• I think it's sad but it doesn't upset me at all. I have a couple of guy friends who can't get girls their own age anymore so they generally date young... normally the girls wise up eventually but they are quick to replace them. Sounds great but I don't know one who isn't bored of it and wanting to settle down but none of them have what people who are looking to settledown have.

• Its jealousy plain and simple. As a young woman who only dates older men I can tell you that older women who bitch and moan about how its gross an older guy is dating me is out of jealousy. Most behavior is ruled by jealousy when you think about it.

• I've heard some pretty nasty comments from men whose daughters are being hit on by guys their age. They don't usually say "more power to him" ...

These situations aren't the norm and usually have odd power dynamics. My theory if it's their own prerogative if they're both consenting adults.

Though, I could see people being irritated if their dad was spending their inheritance buying young tail or if their daughter (or son!) was someone's plaything.

• It's against social norms and makes older women feel insecure about their age.

What Guys Said 14

• Because the perception is that women, especially young women, are weak minded and perpetual victims incapable of making decisions and assuming the consequences. So obviously, if an older man is to be with a younger gal, it HAS to be because he manipulated her and is with her only to get sex from her. The guy cannot possibly be genuine in his feelings and the woman cannot possibly be aware that she is being played because, well, she is a woman so she can't know better.
    Such is the perception of women in society.
    Like women should always be treated like kids and protected from everything...

• That's a huge and pretty cringe gap. Within moderation I think. It's apparent that a man's dating value increases over time in comparison to women. I'm not one of those delusional guy that think I'll never age with the phase "age like wine" but to suggest that it's not apparent is nonsocial. It's just not politically correct to say. Even my mom told me this.

• Jealousy and insecurity. They feel like just because a woman is younger that she has a competitive advantage over her in the dating world and are upset that they may be unattractive to men because of their age so they whine about it.

Not all women are like that though :)

• I agree that it is pretty disgusting to date someone who is young enough to be your child/old enough to be your parent. And let's be honest what kind of a percentage of these 20 year old dating a 50 year old relationship do you honestly think are healthy? I've never ever heard of a healthy relationship like that.

You've never ever heard of a healthy relationship like that? Wow
      A big age gap doesn't define if a relationship is healthy or not. I'm sure they're persons out there dating someone twice their age and they are happy in love.

@Maik567 my parents relationship was no different. My father did the best he could. Yeah he couldn't run unless you pissed him off, but non the less he still was a father. He taught me everything I needed to know about entering adult manhood. When I was sixteen he carried hay bales better than I ever could. He was nothing like your pathetic grandparents. You're just an arrogant child that can't seem to accept other people's life style, choices or beliefs. My parents loved each other and to me that's all that matters. I could care less about their age.

@El_Muffidore You're throwing a fucking tantrum at someone you called "an arrogant child"

Sorry your parents raised you badly, don't blame me.

• Nobody should care, it's not their business. I don't care at all. And the opposite is true too, I don't care at all if I see an older woman with a young man. People should mind their own business and let relationships happen.

• Women usually date older guys but at the end of the day, it shouldn't matter. If they are happy together then so be it.

• So, they're blaming the guy? But some girls are attracted to older guys - they also have some responsibility for the relationship.

• It is unsettling. Look at my avatar and picture me with a twenty something chick, or a forty something one, for that matter.

• For the same reason 20 year old guys lament that women prefer older men. They're getting left out in the cold.

• Because they are jealous. Their sexual and dating value declines
    as they get older. I'm in an age gap relationship and I catch it all
    the time. Curiously only from American women. In most other
    countries this is common.

• Meh who cares, its not like they are banging 14 yo girls. Women will always find something to be insecure about.

• yeah kinda don't get that I've have one of my friend 19 and she dates 40 year old man

• If I had a daughter that was 18, I would like to date her same age friends.
    Triggered yet? lol

• Because although they don't want to admit it, women did a lot of rejecting in their younger years and those guys got rejected. Now they are older and more attractive because of it, and they are using it to enjoy they years they missed out on. And those women are all older now and regretting they didn't find someone to settle down with because now they are not as attractive as they used to be.