Is height difference really important? Why am I so nervous then?

Firstly, I know first dates are nerve wracking to begin with and secondly, I know how stupid this sounds but I can't help it. I'm not prude and I really don't and shouldn't care about a stupid thing like height difference, after all we can't help it, but I get really nervous thinking about it.

He's 6ft and I am 5'3

I don't even think it's that big of a deal, I mean I didn't at first. But he keeps telling me how bigger and stronger he is to me and it's making me rethink, is it actually that big of a difference? 9Even though I know he's probably just showing off) I still can't help but think

I'm nervous around boys to start with lol

What Guys Said 8

• I am 6'5", and honestly? I always liked petite women. I would love them and hug them and pet them and squeeze them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aoqCCb3vBI

• There's nothing wrong with your height differences. He could be taller than he is, and you shorter, and there would still be nothing wrong with that.

• It isn't unless you make it an issue in my opinion. For instance, I'm 5'4" and good if a gal was 4'11" to 5'8" (cutoff on the upper end since I'd want to be able to kiss her without asking her to bend down).

Since he's bringing it up, it sounds like he has issues with you being 5'3" Either that or that he wants to be the "big macho guy" that can protect a gal your size (we won't get into that right now).

• He's just showing off and you need to let him. Strange enough I am 6 foot and my ex is 5'3.. I gave her shit about being short a lot lol. It's all in good fun.

• thats not even the biggest height difference I've seen. my relationship featured a 1foot and 2 inch height difference and EVEN THAT isn't the biggest height difference

• It's just numbers. You do care to much but if it's 6'8 and 5'2 it'll be hurt his back yes. But 9 inches is no problem.

• You'll be okay. It'll be fine

• He keeps bringing it up because he likes it

What Girls Said 13

• I'm 5'2, partner is 6'2. It does not feel like THAT much of a difference. It's a nice, cute, head height, I rest on your chest, height difference.

Yours is less. The numbers SEEM different, but realistically, you're probably barely a head shorter than him. Chill.
    And a height like that is sometimes adorable to guys and they can see themselves as "bigger" and "protective" which is what some guys want to feel.

• Height difference isn't that important at all! You also have to take into account that he's a bit taller than your average make and you're about average for a female! Look at the world around you, there's all sorts of height differences! It's not the height of a person that matters, just the type of person. So don't feel too nervous about it! :)

• I'm an inch smaller than you and my boyfriend's 6'0 too. Not a big deal really. He likes lording it over me but it's not that bad. Just can't kiss whilst both standing up straight :P

• it's cool cause you're a girl. height means nothing. if he was into taller girls then he wouldn't be interested in you. I'm 5'1, boyfriend is 6ft, ex is 6'3.. guys told me girls our size are called "fun size". pick us up easily, cuddle us easy, dominate in bed easy

• Bigger guys are the best. I'm 5'7", and I love guys who are 6'2" and over.

• hahaha he's tryin to impress. Im 5'3 and almost every guy I've dated has been in the 6' to 6'2 range.

• He likes you. He may find it more appealing to how petite you are which is why he brings it up.

• nope it's not

• I believe that height is nothing when you really like each other. Maybe he shows off himself because he wants you to be his "little" girl =) I don't know though that's my personal opinion♥

• It's good, you make him feel more masculine!

• Lol he's just showing off. You'll be fine 😁

• My boyfriend is 6'5" and I am 5'5". No problem...

• Yeah, it sounds like he's just teasing and being flirty. Guys are generally bigger than girls, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I personally love feeling small next to a taller guy. You'll probably come up to about his shoulders.