What do guys think of a 1 year age gap?

We're both in college, and he looks mature. I really like him. He seems to like me too... but I'm not sure if he knows I'm a junior (he's a sophomore). We silently flirt with each other lol.

He's starting to approach me more now and I'm just afraid he will back out if he knows I'm older.
Do guys generally care if the girl is a year older? Is it awkward at all? Do you feel inferior?
I don't think it's too much... but who knows?

I've never had a boyfriend before, and I don't interact with guys much. So I just don't know a lot about what guys think and prefer.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• younger... it depends. in high school i always thought it was really weird, but i mean if u were hot i wouldn't of let that of stopped me. as u get a bit older it has less meaning. in society the girl going out with a younger guy is less common. just saying. but as i have said also in other posts i dont care about the actual number as long as u are hot and we get along :). and when i was younger it wasn't an inferior thing it was just, weird. most older girls want nothing to do with younger guys anyway like i said so that probbaly didn't help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being one year older than you is practically the same age. It's not that much different or any different at all.

What Guys Said 16

• I don't think that one year makes any difference to be honest. But it seems you are very concerned about this, so I take it this is not a joke question. In my opinion if this is a worry I think you should tell him. But I really dont think the year matters, that is more a high school type of thing, I am in college for cyber security, and I will tell you that what year of school a woman is in makes no difference to me.

• I dont think I ever been with anyone younger than me. FIrst was like 20 years older, second was one year older I think it was and third one is 7 years older. Certainly never felt inferior. 1 year is truly nothing.

• That's completely fine.

• It's not a big deal at all, it's just one year. I dated a junior my freshman year of college.

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• It's just a year no ones going to care I'm 20 and I dated women 5 years older than me and it doesn't bother me

• when i was your age i was dating a women11 years older then me.

• Not a big deal at all.

• haha it dont matter bout age dude.. i still see women from 18 years old to 40

• One year is nothing in my opinion. If you really think about it, it could all be a matter of months.

• You're both adults. Who cares?

• 18 and up no reason to care

• it's nothing.

• Just tell him you are a junior now and see what happens.

• That is super hot to me. My dream is a girl 1 or 2 years older than me.

• Most guys couldn't care less if the girl is older.

What Girls Said 8

• After 18, one year makes no difference despite gender. To know how young of a person you can date and it be socially acceptable, divide your age and add seven.

• 1 year is nothing at all.
    Call me when your age gap is old enough to drink.
    But seriously don't overthink it.

• 1 year is nothing

• He doesn't care.

• 1 year is not a big deal at all.

• I've met couples where the woman was older. It's no big deal.

• should'nt be much of a problem if he's mature enough to handle it.

• Not really a gap at all.