My boyfriend doesn't seem to have time for a relationship. Should I break up?

My boyfriend works a lot on his business. Even works on the weekends.
Yesterday I didn't talk to him at all because I was pissed about him saying he wanted to see me and then ignoring me (he said he got dsitracted). By the way, I haven't seen him in over a month.
I woke up this morning to frantic texts from him from last night saying that he had driven to my house -after I had fallen asleep.
Is that what it's going to take?

He called me this morning and I answered and he said he'd like to see me later today but I never heard from him. I texted him asking if he was partying (passive aggressive) and he then called me and felt guilty and just wanted to talk on the phone because he didn't have time to see me because he had to get something done at work.
This happens over and over again and I feel that I will always be second to his job.
I've been waiting for things to change but quite frankly, nothing has shown signs of changing.

He tells me he loves me and likes dating me but I feel that just saying it isn't enough.

This relationship has really made me pretty un happy. I've talked to my mom and about it she just told me that if he really cared he'd make time.
So my question is, is this guy just bullshitting me and should I end it? Or am I being selfish and not supportive of his career? I've been seeing him for a year now.

1mo Just called him and broke up

Most Helpful Girl

• You haven't seen him in a month. He ignores you. He makes plans with you and just doesn't turn up and ignores your calls, that's putting aside the fact he doesn't even tell you he's not coming.
    The relationship doesn't make you happy. He's not putting in effort...

Dude, why are you there? Leave.

Having a business to run doesn't mean flaking on somebody yiu claim to love for over a month and treating her so disrespectfully by not turning up and ignoring her. Plenty of people who run their own business don't do this shit. At the end of the day, if he wanted to see you badly enough, he would. Even if it's just to grab a quick lunch or coffee, or you staying over at his place so you see him between work when he's home. There are lots of ways, everybody else does it without thinking, he is taking you for a ride.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah you should date the bum that has all the time in the world.

I haven't seen him in over a month... anyways, it's not worth being unhappy over

so you're not in a relationship. you're a booty call.

Pretty much

• If you feel that it won't work then break up

What Girls Said 11

• I'm all for ambition but over a month since you seen him? He goes to sleep at night, he can sleep with you... doesn't sound like a relationship to me... sounds like a booty call...

• I just stopped all contact with a guy who was like this, was just a friend but even friends and especially boyfriends should not treat those they care about like this. It gets tiring being treated like I or the person at hand doesn't matter, because it hurts.

• Tell him about all of this. You should probably end it but tell him all this first before you do. Let him know you feel second to his job, and this is not enough for you. You could probably tell him exactly what you wrote here.

• First, please don't let anyone determine your happiness! Get busy just like he is! Before you decide to leave your realationship ask him to make more time for you, tell him it makes you feel unwanted. If he loves you he will make a change. If he doesn't, move on. You deserve to be with someone who can balance work and personal life

• If you haven't seen him in a month then I think it's safe to say he doesn't care enough about your feelings to push to meet up even once! He likes dating you because you're not physically clingy and that's convenient for HIM. Before ending it maybe sit down with him in person and explain to him your feelings and stuff as one last change to salvage the relationship?

• Sit him down and have a serious conversation about it.

Oh that's been done SEVERAL times

I don't actually know what you're relationship is like, but if you're seriously not seeing him in months I wouldn't stay. Unless.. you two were super compatible and had great times together. I would consider staying then.

• Dump him. If he wants you, he'll try to fix things

• Honestly I'm going through the same thing but I am not breaking up

• If he don't have time for you, then I don't think this relationship will ever workout because a relationship needs communication besides love. I don't even think he's ready to be in a relationship if he never have time to do anything besides working on his business. If he can't make time for you, then you should break up because this relationship is wasting your time and his. If you're unhappy with this relationship, then the best thing for you to do is leave.

• My boyfriend is really busy too. I haven't seen him in 3 weeks because of work and grad school. I work unusual hours too.
    I was going to get upset but then I realized that even if I don't see him he gives me more attention (texts, calls) than anyone else ever did.
    I know he cares about me and that he misses me. I used to get mad but he said that all good things in life are worth the wait so I've decided to see how it goes for me.
    But the main thing is that men, while in relationship, don't put in a primary position. They're ok if it comes 2nd or 3rd. Women concentrate on relationships as a primary thing and get disappointed if it doesn't go accordingly.

• End it. Im speaking from personal experience

I honestly almost broke up with him yesterday. On the phone today, he said "you being bitchy is not going to get rid of me that easily." I really wonder now how hard he's going to try