Is this normal, common, part of Online Dating? I understand if you are a guy, most of your messages are going to get ignored?

This is what has been happening to me as of lately, with some girls, they respond to my initial message, and we exchange some messages with each-other, have a brief online conversation, then when i ask them out, ask them for their number, they don't respond anymore. Does that ever happen to any other guys? The reason why this bothers me a lot, is because generally speaking, if a girl responds to me on an online dating site, generally i'm going to get the hint that she is interested in me, because if she was never interested in me, she would haven ever responded to me in the first place. But yet this has happend as of lately, it has happend more than once, i don't recall this ever happening to me with online dating before. The reason why this has been getting on my nerves a lot, is because i've only been on 1 date with this, which was this past July, and that was my first time going on a date with a girl in 3 years!!! One of these girls was even a bigger surprise, after exchanging a couple of messages with each-other, i asked her out on a date, she agreed to go out on a date with me, but she never offered me her phone number even though i asked her more than once, it's like she didn't even noticed that i had asked her for her number in the messages we were exchanging, she agreed to go on a date, but never gave me her number, on the day me and her were supposed to meet, i send her a message many hours ahead of time, just to confirm if she is still down to meet up, and she never responded, so the date never ended up happening.

I wish i could put images of my interaction with that girl, but anyway, does this ever happen to any other guys? girls will respond to you on online dating sites, but when it comes to asking them out, getting their number, setting up a date with them, they don't respond anymore?

1mo This has been really getting on my nerves as of lately, it's really bringing me down and pissing me off, it feels like as if i'm getting led on

Most Helpful Guy

• online dating sucks dick. it use to be great. now its horrible. i dont have issues with the random conversations, but i will get the whole lets be penpals and no date ever comes from it, month + later i get bored and just stop talking to them. i also love the last one u talked about. i have had that happen so many times i dont even think its funny anymore. sort through so much of this crap and u finally are going on a date... then because no one wants to use REAL communications, the day of the date, the date can't be confirmed or they disapear or send u message saying something came up or bla. i had one recently where i was in the city over for another reason and our schedules lined up. i waited 3h for her to get off work, she told me she was going to get of and u know she would change and all that and we would go out and do something. only for her to get off work and text me and be like oooo im not going to be able to make it... its like bitch i been waiting in my god dam car for 3h for u... i could of been heading home which was like almost a 2h drive itself. fucking a. she acted like she was going to plan a date and come down to where i lived the next day but after that we never talked again... these people are classic. its like where do they get them? is it a second job to antagonize ppl? sure as fuck seems like it.

which part are you getting at? as in, women respond to you, agree to go on date but they won't give out their number, even though you asked them?

ya thats one of them, they all want to use some secondary communication system like KIK or something. no one wants to use actual phone calls or phone text msgs. and when u are already paying for the dumb fucking dating app, and geting updates on that, why the hell do u need the outside app like KIK in the first place? u dont.

for one reason or another, chicks will just talk to u and then won't actually go out with u. i had one that was getting along really well and was flirting back really hard. i was pretty impressed. it was early summer. we were talking about going to the beach and how much fun it would be to spend the day at the beach with each other. so then im like lets do it. ooo i dont have my bikini body yet... we talked another day or so before she disapeard. i just couldnt get it out of my head, someone so happy and ready to go to the beach and then the invite comes BAM complete 180. shit like that happens all the time. in one form or another

What Girls Said 2

• I was on online dating for a year. I hate it. Of course, not the same reason as you, as I am female. Guys messaged me and asked me out multiple times a day. A lot of people, me included, on online dating sights have it because in person it's harder to find people or interact... however, for me, it takes a lot to make me want or decide to meet with the person I match with online, or even a stranger on Facebook. One, looks aren't important unless I'm looking for a one nighter (happened once); 2) I'd like to have access to another social media platform in order to get an idea of the guy before I meet with him because I do, I'll admit, decide online whether I think we'll get along or not, pre-judgements, and 3) if I already met you in person or saw you around or we have common close friends, the chances I will meet with you sky rocket. It's really hard to just want to meet up with a random stranger. I've done it... but usually last minute and if I felt frisky. If it seems our vibes match, I'll continue talking and will meet up possibly. I met 7 random guys online, 2 I somewhat had seen around, and the dates went fine, but it's hard to be in the mentality of "okay let's meet up with someone I don't know at all" if I don't have them at least on Facebook, Instagram, or snapchat. It creates a more personal connection I guess.

• 28d

So you would respond to a guy's initial message and engage him in conversation but then you would decline when he would ask you out on a date or ask for your number?

• 28d

@moviedude714 no, if I responded to his messages I'd usually keep responding and try to feel him out. I'd then like for him to take an initiative to move it to another social media platform. Some guys I never responded to because I simply was just played out and fed up with dating or I was interested in someone else more.

• 28d

So you would never give out your number to a guy on an online dating site or say yes to him asking you out?

• well, they just wanted to how would convo go and when they see that, they weren't interested at all..

well if they were not interested in me, why did they bother responding to me in the first place?

• 11d

i hate it when it happens to me, i would prefer if women just ignored me all together

• 11d

yea i know and women wants to guys stop want just sex from that :)

What Guys Said 4

• Girls on online dating sites tend to be the leftovers.

• ya it has happend to me before

• this would get on my nerves a lot, hardcore, extreme

• Are you handsome? Handsome guys obviously have better luck with online dating but even they are sometimes ignored simply due to the high amount of guys compared to girls. So you can imagine what it's like for an average or below average looking guy. Very scarce and discouraging.