Your best friends significant other cheats on them and you catch it, what do you do?

Ok this is completely hypothetical.

You catch your best friend's boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on them do you have an obligation to tell your friend, or is it not your place

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd tell the person who cheated to tell my friend or I will.
    I normally don't get in people's business but I'd feel like a shitty friend for not doing so.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not necessarily my place to tell my friend... it is absolutely 100% my place to make the SO feel like a dirty disgusting dirtbag and make his or her life hell for as long as I please until he or she feels so wracked with guilt that they come clean and then my friend, being the quality person that they are, dumps them and ruins their reputation for the rest of their life in the community and they're forced to move and start over elsewhere because cheaters deserve to die and rot in hell.

Maybe not quite that drastic... but I WILL call them on it and make them feel like scum.

What Guys Said 10

• tell the SO that they have to tell the friend. it's always best hearing it from the source. but if they won't i would tell my friend

• Talk to the SO first. Tell him/her if he/she does not take responsibility for his/her actions, then I'll step in

• The obvious

Wouldn't bother talking to them about it. I'd record her cheating. Talk to her in the act and watch her freak out. Depending on that interaction I would either go straight to my friend with the video or I would wait until she talks with my friend first, before talking to my friend to make sure she confessed.

• I'd tell my friend about what the hell is going on then watch him beating that fukin whore.. 😎

• Yea I'll tell him/her.

• I'd confront this SO an give them a chance to fix things.
    If not, fuck them.

• I would tell them immediately and then let them decide what they do.

• Tell your friend, why is this even a question? If you wouldn't do that, you would be an awful friend

• yeah i feel like that´s an obligation... i did that once. though i was good friends with both... now i lost both.

• My Best Friend or Even Friend is cheated on and I know it. If I have proof, I'll give it to them. If I don't, I hint at it, but stay out of it, because I know if I can't prove it, it will prob end up backfiring and ill get all the heat.

What Girls Said 17

• Having been on the other end of this, I would say yes, please tell. Finding out that my friends all knew my man was cheating on me before I did was almost as devastating as finding out about the cheating itself. There's nothing quite like being betrayed by everyone all at once.

• I tell my best friend. I would want to be told and I think she deserves to know the truth.

• I would beat the shit out of him/her first, and then go tattle to my friend. Afterwards she would probably get angry at me for beating the shit out of him, so we both go and and yell at him

• you tell the cheater you'll give him the opportunity to confess first.

• I'm just here to let you know I love how you refered to the cheating person as "it" 😂👍🏻

• I tell my best friend but first I find proof. I present it to her like a lawyer and tell her to dump him.

• I would tell my best friend. She can decided what to do with the information.

• I would tell them! They are your best friend. What if they find out you knew but didn't tell. Then what kind of friend are you

• Steps, in chronological order:

1) Make sure that what you think you saw is what really happened.

2) If you're sure he/she is cheating, inform friend.

3) When informing friend, don't add additional details (e. g. if you saw him kissing another girl, don't say "oh yeah, they were making out and groping one another). Just tell her/him what you saw. Let them handle it from there.

• You tell them.

• You tell them. would you want them to keep that secret? they'll be pissed at first, but when they realise you were right they'll be grateful

• That's my best friend so of course I'd tell them.

• Tell them, of course

• Beat his ass and then tell her!

• I'ld absolutely tell my friend. I'ld also want them to be honest

• I would definitely tell them

• If they're a close friends sure otherwise stay out of people's business