Why do I feel so lonely most of the time?

I just can't help the feeling, i'll never show it either. But deep inside, i feel like I won't find love.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 15

• Okay, first off, love the username 😂

Okay, but for real, it's perfectly fine to feel that way! You'd be surprised how many people feel that way! Sometimes the most social and outgoing people and honestly the most lonely. That person would be me. Hi, I'm an extremely funny and popular person. That seems great right? Well, not really and I'll tell you why. I spread myself thin so that many people can see me and know me on a basic level, but nothing gets past that. Ever. Yeah, I talk to lots of people throughout the day and learn stuff about them and vice versa. Do we text? Nope. Hang out ever? Nah. It's only at school, only at work. So going home and staying home is kinda like jail. I don't feel good and confident to just simply leave and walk out with no purpose and nobody to see. From here to the beginning of last summer I've only hung out four times with people. Sometimes when I'm alone I get to thinking on how nobody's ever really been there for me in my life, and then I feel just like an empty shell with no purpose. It's pretty depressing but then I've come to the realization that it's not about how many friends you have, it's about how good of friends they are. At the time, I maybe had about 2 semi-close friends. So I put a bunch of time into building those relationships and they were well worth it! Now they're great friends that I trust completely. While I don't have a lot of friends and still feel lonely time to time, they're there for me as much as they can be! I hope this helps :)

• You're Attractive
    You're Funny
    You're Young
    You're Nice
    You will find love...

• I honestly feel the same. It seems no matter where I go or who I'm around the loneliness persists, and the thought of never finding love is a constant. I share your worries in that aspect, and the most I can truly say is that you're not alone in this. Someone, somewhere cares about you down to the very core, you just need to find them. Who knows, they could be hiding in plain sight among you.

• I feel this way too! I'm not sure why anyone feels this way. The only thing I can say is that you are not alone.

• No normal person feels lonely. Something must be wrong with you.

• Awww babyy 😞😞 You won't be lonely soon. 😏

I think everyone feels that way sometimes tbh, and uni is actually the worst place to feel lonely, majority there actually do even if they don't show it.

haha :x

I never ever show it. Just a deep feeling

• Pft, have you met yourself? Any girl would be lucky to have you man. You'll find someone, trust bro, trust.

• You and me both

Lol why the fuck did I get thumbed down for this question? 😂

I have no idea lmao

• Paul you can't be serious

• Thats not true...😊

• Everyone feels like that lol you're not alone

• Awww it's okay you'll find someone. I thought you went on a date the other day?

I'm sensitive af

😑 no you're not... you're just trolling me! Anyways you'll find someone because you're awesome.

• I feel your pain, if you find a cure please share. It gets tiring being the happy go lucky one when all you want to do is sit and sulk.

• If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here!

• Yeah I know what you mean same here but who needs love when you have pizza! 😍

What Guys Said 16

• We just gotta build confidence, style up, and get ourselves out in the social world. If you're like me you don't have many friends to hang out with so that sucks. But we gotta go for it and stop letting moments slip away... my huge problem lol

• Maybe it's because your profile picture is gray? I mean, if you were to change the colour, maybe everything else would change?

But yeah I know the feel. Been feeling it for 9 years now.

• It's because you do not yet know yourself, and you have not learned to appreciate and truly love yourself, due to not knowing. When you have got to know yourself, appreciate and cherish yourself, then comes self love and loneliness dissipates because you realise it was not loneliness.

You don't find love, love is within. You cannot conquer loneliness by being with another because loneliness comes from within.

Give it more time and be patient. As you grow and learn about yourself, you will grow to understand that loneliness is solitude and it's not about finding love from another, but accepting yourself from within and finding love from within.

And then if you so chose, sharing this love with another. However, if that person does not love themselves then they will not be able to love you back but you may be able to help them a little by sharing what you learned.

• You feel lonely because you are lonely you desire someone and someday you'll have someone. Your young you have more then enough time.

• Nooo paul , if you didn't find love no-guy will so chills about it lol , well just wait I bet you will meet a girl someday

And hey you got me and @Triss

Yes totally here whenever you need us😘😘😘

• I think we all have moments like that - You are only 19, plenty of time to meet someone.

• Maybe because you ain't busy or getting in enough game time? For me it's work, games, sleep repeat (no love involved)

You gotta remember that being alone has its benefits, you never know what you have until it's gone

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• Cause you cut your sexy hairs :P
    You ruined your looks nigga 😂 LOL
    Anyways take a chill pill and find a G@G girlfriend then teleport her to your place
    That's hell of an idea 💁
    Thank me later 😀

• we all do feel like that sometimes, so dont worry man, just go to the gym, workout, or watch any movie, listen to music, and chill

• Being alone and being lonely are two different things. Don't have a mindset of you'll never find love because, you will. She just hasn't cone into your life yet. For all you know it could be someone you never knew existed just across the street.

• Answer these questions, Do the people around you make you feel lonely? Do you make yourself feel lonely? Are you alone all the time? Is it because you haven't found this thing called love?

• Try tinder

• I'm never lonely. The voices inside my head always keep me company.

• I think most single people... people that have been single for a while, feel the same way. You are definitely not alone in feeling that way... it's human to feel that way.

It could be worse... you can find it only to lose it... then you would know how great it could be... only to know you'll never have it again.

• dont worry man, everybody feels like that once in a while.

• Sometimes you just want that person you want to talk to, for them to talk to you because you enjoy their compassion