How do you know when you're ready to have sex?

Title says it all. This is my first relationship so I don't really know what to expect. Any opinions would be much appreciated :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Chances are you will have many more relationships! I have had many and I still have not had it before. Sex means differently to everyone but if you want it to be special, hold off until you can really trust someone who will honor and respect your body and your trust. Goodluck and I hope things turn out good for you :)

Thanks for the opinion! I trust my boyfriend completely, but I guess if I don't know whether I'm ready or not that means I should probably wait :)

Wait at least 6 months *(assuming you didn't know each other well before ) if you've been friends for at least a year, bump it down to 3 months.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have any doubts about the person and you trust them whole heartedly. You are comfortable in their presence and forget about all your insecurities. You know you don't regret sleeping with them if it doesn't work out.

That's how it was for me. I pretty much told my boyfriend I was a virgin and he was very patient with me. We took baby steps in the beginning and then when I was ready I Let him know. Even when it was clear he still took his time and didn't rush it and then it just happened naturally.

What Guys Said 11

• Don't give him sex. If he runs, then all he wanted from you was sex. If he stays, there is hope for a meaningful relationship and marriage.

Your virginity is special. it is sacred. it is honored by every civilization that has ever existed, with the exception of American pop culture.

But you only have one chance. if you blow it on this guy, if he is not a man of honor (most men are not) when you meet your husband, the man who will give his life to you, who will want to grow old with you, you will not have your virginity to give him, as a special gift, on your honeymoon.

Don't be duped and deceived into giving it away to any guy who smiles at you and says nice words. Any guy can do that. And you can be left without your virginity, dumped like trash, and left in the cold.

Don't end up like that. If you do not give him sex and he runs then you dodged a bullet. It is a self fixing problem.

• If am not wrong, this should come from both sides at the same time and be 100% honest. It can happen that you don't feel ready to do it, but he does, then there is something you need to talk about. If both are ready at the same time, and it's not about sex, then that is a good thing.
    You have ladies who all wrote their thoughts/opinions on it and they are all good. Don't rush it.

• You and your partner just feel comfortable with the decision then prepare for it - If you do decide to go for it, have a great experience.

• Trust me. You will know. When your desire to be with someone in that sense overrides your caution in most cases.

• You take your time. Showing yourself, naked is something big. Literally no secrets haha, but yeah it's important, and you should not rush it. You'll know when you're ready, but what matters is, is that you both are 100 % sure that you're doing this

• You just know. It's similar to when you're hungry. You just have to be in the right environment with the right person.

• If you ask you don't need to know if you know you don't need to ask

• You may want to hold off sex for the first 8 months gradually ease into it and not rush into it

• Just don't wait, rush to the sex part if you want if you're in the mood.

• My dick is as hard as granite!

• When your ready you will know dint let him preasure you into it as tge more relaxed you are the easier the hole prosess will go for both sides

What Girls Said 7

• When he lays you down and there are NO red flags in your mind., you're completly there. Thats how you know

That makes sense! (Haha slightly embarrassed since I'm a little older than you and know next to nothing about this kind of stuff xD) Thanks for the advice :)

Lol sorry, just realized how that might've been offensive :P No, don't be ashamed! There's nothing wrong with it at all!

Lol I was kidding, i always knew there was the potential of my age being pointed out when responding to some question lol thanks though

• When you don't have to question how you know. You'll be wanting it so bad and craving it from the person you're with. It'll just come out of you without even thinking about it. I think you might be overthinking it which would make it harder for you.

• I don't have an exact answer, but, you just know. I've had many boyfriends before the one I'm with now, and I can tell you that I wasn't ready with any of them. It also comes from both sides. It needs to be mutual. But, you will know. I thought it would be awkward, but it wasn't in my opinion, because it was mutual.

• This is your decision and know that what your boyfriend wants and what you want may be different but he/you should respect each other's decisions (: it's best to wait until you are sure.

• When you love and trust your partner to touch your body and you know that he will respect you:)

• I'm still a virgin and I'm only planning to loose it when I get married to someone that I really love and who also love's me for who I am.

• You'll know... but use protection