Ladies and gentlemen, are you really going to reject someone who lives at home?

From what I understand, women don't like men who live at home with their parents especially after a certain age. I'm not sure if men feel this way about women, but you never know. I started thinking about this because my cousin who is 30 ( I believe) is planning on moving in with his parents to save on rent. He lives in Chicago now in a studio apartment and the rent there is way more then the apartment he had in AZ. He has job and he likes it but it doesn't pay half as much as the one he had in AZ. So, because of rent being expensive, him not making a lot and being a little behind on rent. He's thinking of moving in with his parents. With all that in mind, is that really a recipe for a woman to not date a guy? I mean, what's the big deal with a (guy or girl) living with their parents? I still live at home and I don't see the problem with it. How does it make one undateable?

Most Helpful Guy

• No that wouldn't bother me at all, I'm doing it anyways because society won't givew work in the field I went to school for. Now I'm going to have to go back to school to take some shit I don't enjoy or even want to learn because it will likely lead to a job.

I'm so tired of this society. North American society sucks, worst part is that Canada follows the US and their terrible greedy business platforms where the people at he top can make a living and the people doing all the real work at the bottom make as little as legally possible.

Yeah man, I agree, society. This society... bet society just doesn't let you get a girlfriend either.. It sure doesn't for me. I think its cause I blame society too often but I don't know, it might just be my piss poor attitude. But I doubt that, just has to be somethin elses fault tbh fam

• 2d

Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally people associate living at home with their parents with things like... no job, video games, laziness. However, there are a number of good reasons to live at home with your parents... so long as it isn't because you are a lazy person.

What Guys Said 8

• I used to feel bad about it but I came to the realization that I'm actually very grateful to have my parents help me during this time of my life. I went to post secondary and could not get a job. Even a dead end one to help further my education. But I realized if a women is that critical of me then she definitely doesn't give a shit how it feel. and I don't want a women like that. I also don't consider living with roommates living on your own either. The house has 4 bedrooms all bedrooms are full.. really. my student loan cost more than your rent and groceries put together.

• It is extremely common these days because of high student debts and the high cost of living alone. The question is whether you'd really pick someone who lives in a slum or co-op in the middle of Crackton as opposed to someone who lives with their parents in a nice area?

I was lucky to get the place I am about to move out of - it's not the biggest but the location is great both in terms of transportation, services, and not get stabbed by junkies. It still cost me over half my pay in rent.

• It doesn't exactly advertise "independent and stable lifestyle". I mean take your brother: he doesn't want to psy for a studio apartment so he lives with his parents, is he just going to stay with them forever (rents in Chicago won't be going down anytime soon)? What's wrong with a studio apartment that gives you independence and freedom from your parents?

He's not my brother, he's my cousin and he's lived on his own all his life. He even drove from AZ to NY just for a job and lived there all by himself. So, it's not like he doesn't know how to be independent. He's always busy and barely see's his family, so it's not like he doesn't have a life.

Don't forget that moving in with someone, also helps them too financially. Too many focus on "not independent" instead of "helping out family with living expenses"

@Prof_Don

That's if they're paying reasonable rent, which most of the time they don't.

• Honestly no I'm not going to I mean if your living at home in your 40s or 50s that may be something to be concerned about unless they are helping to take care of living. But over all for people my age I don't judge for that.

• No I wouldn't automatically reject. It depends on the circumstances. I just hope she's realized who she is outside of what her parents think who she is.

• Women definitely do judge men on that, yeah. And apparently some guys do with women still living at home, but we don't care as much. I actually think it's hot when a woman still lives at home.

• No... The country is in a tough place right now Kids going to college not getting the proper training then having to spend exorbitant costs for an mediocre education... I hope it gets better...

• Yes, I would reject someone regardless of whether or not they live at home because I'm aromantic and asexual.

What Girls Said 1

• Unless his parents are unhealthy and he wants to take care of them or they're a single parent, I wouldn't be okay with him living with them. I wouldn't automatically reject him, but I'd definitely try to convince him to move out - unless it's for the reasons I mentioned.