Would I be considered a loser if I take my mom as my date for high school prom?

I have never had a girlfriend, hell I have never had my first kiss! I have only been on two dates in my life. don't get me wrong I do have crushes on girls at my school and I would love to ask them but most of them are taken, and I know they are out of my league and will just reject me. So I feel like asking the most beautiful and important woman in my life to be my prom date, my mom. is this weird, would I be seen as a loser? I think my mother is very beautiful, she's in her late 30's and looks like a lot like Rachel Nicoles of ESPN.

27d Another crazy idea is to take to social media and try to get myself a celebrity date, but the chances are slim to none for that to happen, but still worth a shot. Call me crazy but I would love to take Abigail Ratchford

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't take your mom. if you can't muster up the guts to ask a girl then go with other male friends as a group or worst scenario, take a cousin. please don't take your mom

Most Helpful Guy

• By today's society, you'll be talked about for a long time. I didn't go to my prom. If you reallyy want to go, try going with some guy friends, that way you could help each other out.

What Girls Said 11

• From what I have read most high schools ban people over a certain age from prom (one dude I read a story on took his sister who had graduated the year prior and they were denied entrance). Also you will FOREVER be known as that weirdo guy that took his mom to prom.

• Too bad we aren't at the same school. I would totes go with you. lol. But honestly, you just gotta figure out which girls are not already taken and see if any of them are girls you would want to go with. Tbh, no girl is out of your league if you're a nice guy (which you seem to be) and she's a nice girl (which, if she's not you're better off not going with that girl anyway). Worst case scenario is all the girls you ask say no and you have no date, which is what you were expecting anyway so you're no worse off. Best case, you get a chance to go to prom with a girl and make it a fun memorable night for eachother. :)

• OF COURSE NOT! It's your mom and she's the first lady in your life anyway! Plus that would be very sweet of you and it'll show how much you love and appreciate her. That would be super sweet. Take her!

• 27d

I typed it too fast before I realized that you can't go pass a certain age when taking a date to prom lol. It still would be nice but yea she's not in the age range that they'd want

• That... is a little embarrassing yeah. It might be better to just go stag, maybe try asking one of the other girls there who's alone.

• sounds like a plan. Why not.

• not to be rude but, yes.. asking your mom is a very bad idea and will ruin your reputation.

• Yes you would be probably unless your mother is in the army or obviously Ill. Unfortunately.

• Give the celebrity thing a shot first. I wouldn't consider you a loser but immature high schoolers will. Maybe you can just go with some friends?

• I wouldn't suggest taking your mom..

• Your mom does NOT want to go to prom.

• yes, do you guys have a family friend or do your parents work with anyone who has a daughter your age? I actually know of a few couples that went out at the end and after highschool that had met that way...

What Guys Said 15

• While it is a very respectable notion, NO, you do not take your mom to the prom. You would be the laughing stock of everyone there. You would be made fun of and people would tease you about taking your mom. Disaster waiting to happen.

• Don't attach importance to proms.
    I went to HS prom but left after 15 minutes or so. Just the time to say 'Hi!' to everyone.
    I never went to college and uni proms.

• oh emmmm geeeee i wouldn't do that😐😐😐

• It depends on how cool your mom, on a scale of "sucks" to "too cool"

she needs to clock in at about "The shit"

• Dude no! Grab your balls and take them to nearest girl. Pick em up and ask her to go to prom with you!

• That would be social suicide

• Don't do it bro! Have some self-respect!

• Do it, dude. You won't have to spend as much on her, for one thing.

• Heck to the no go with some guys friends or a young cuisine

• Rather just not go, that is way less embarrassing than going with you mom.

• yes. Also don't feel like you need to go to your prom either. I didn't go to mine, and then i found out afterwards that there were a lot of people, mostly guys, that didn't go. You could also go alone, and just hang out with your friends

• Your mom already has a date for the prom. ME.

• hire a hooker.

• You would be consider an loser if you were to do that

• Dude it would be better to not go to Prom than to go with your mother. Will you really even have that much fun? If any at all since you are absolutely 100% going to get crap from the other students for taking your mom while you're at the prom and then every single day for the rest of your high school career.